What's next for Apple

Iphone 8. Any speculation on what will be new? OLED screen 25% more battery? Higher Resolution camera? Can't think of anything else that they would add.

What they need to do is make a big jump again to get people excited and give them something they should expect from a "top of the line" smartphone.  They keep only inching along every year since the 4 model giving out crap updates.  Quit holding back on technology for the next release.  Maybe they can make scratch and shatter free glass, the OLED display, double the minimum storage.  They don't necessarily need a higher res camera, just make the image processor better (though they do a good job already).  These concerns alone would be huge.  I also don't care about the iWatch, iHealth, iThis or iThat syncing, while some do, it's just side features that can be addressed in the software (which by the way, gives you more bugs and lower battery).

Iphone 8. Any speculation on what will be new? OLED screen 25% more battery? Higher Resolution camera? Can't think of anything else that they would add.
Add? This is Apple the new "add" is to take things away...

Add? This is Apple the new "add" is to take things away...
So the next phone they will remove the screen, correct? :D

At least some are starting to see how stale Apple's products have become.  http://www.profitconfidential.com/stock/aapl-stock-peter-thiel-delivers-blunt-reality-check-apple-inc/

Even from a hardware standpoint I think they are holding back on innovation to leave room for their partners that make accessories.  Why else would they have to continued to ignore wireless charging for the past few years when it's some incredibly easy to implement and takes up very little space.  Leaves something for cases to offer other than just a bit of added protection.  Removing headphone jacks - something for accessories - including of course pushing their own wireless headphones.  

Even from a hardware standpoint I think they are holding back on innovation to leave room for their partners that make accessories.  Why else would they have to continued to ignore wireless charging for the past few years when it's some incredibly easy to implement and takes up very little space.  Leaves something for cases to offer other than just a bit of added protection.  Removing headphone jacks - something for accessories - including of course pushing their own wireless headphones.
I would love to argue with you, but you are exactly right.

Anybody see the numbers from that last quarter? Look at the stock today. They are on fire again. And now they have a growing services business. It's not just phones anymore guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the iPhone 13 is going to be announced this Tuesday? Anyone still running an older iPhone and not really see a need to upgrade the last few version? I am still running an XR, and just don't really see a need to update. The 5g would be nice since my carrier supports it, but besides that mine is plenty of fast, has a nice screen, and takes good photos. I feel like Apple has really reached a plateau.

So the iPhone 13 is going to be announced this Tuesday? Anyone still running an older iPhone and not really see a need to upgrade the last few version? I am still running an XR"]I feel like Apple has really reached a plateau.[/b]
Just like clockwork 🤣

There's a new one every year.  Unlikely that will change anytime soon.  Short of those that think they need to get a new phone every year, the appeal is to new users or those on devices many years old.  

They would need a pretty big surprise in what's coming to make me upgrade.  I don't know about plateau, you could say that for every smartphone then.  Yearly incremental changes is all there's been, more or less since smartphones came out and after quite a few years the larger user base may feel a need to upgrade for the performance improvement.  There aren't all that many "new features" that have come into play.  

Did Apple's new release WOW anyone this year? A reason to upgrade?

1631643745_iphone_13_story.jpg

1631639644_apple_ipad_story.jpg

1631644023_apple-watch-series-7-summary_story.jpg

I wouldn't say there was anything that's a WOW, just incremental updates.  If you are in their ecosystem and running something a bit older maybe a good time to update, maybe wait for another year if you are on anything newer than the iPhone 8 or X.

I do like that they build Touch ID into the top button (power?) of the new iPad mini.  Hopefully that means it's also a feature to return to the phones then in another year or so.  Face ID is fast, but has limitations, as masks have proven.  Having both to be able to use face or finger print as needed would be nice.

Nothing earth shattering no. I'm looking forward to blood pressure monitoring on the watches in the future. Sounds like that is a year or two away. They will continue to get more involved in the health space.

Just got to see the Iphone 13 model, not the pro. Coworker just picked one up at lunch today (ran over his other one). It's nice, the camera is pretty big on the back. Has a squared body design. It's the exact same size as my XR.

Back