Apple products and their iOS

10.1.1 is out.

For those of you using an Iphone/Mac you should really check out Airmail. I replaced my Iphone email client with it, and also run it on my Mac. I think it is worth the cost.

Kinda thinking about taking apart my iMAC and throwing in a new SSD drive. Been watching some Youtube videos on how to do it today. I don't know why it scares me? I use to do this stuff on a daily basis. I guess I am just loosing my touch and confidence.

Looks like I have to buy a separate thermal sensor part for my iMAC if I want to replace the drive. Sucks.

Well like pretty much every AOI or Laptop they aren't made to be easily user upgraded.  At least most laptops allow fairly simple access to RAM and drives, but not many AIO's allow for much of any update, and most likely opening it would void warranty, though you are likely out of warrantee anyway.

though you are likely out of warrantee anyway.
Ya considering it's a late 2009 model. Which blows my mind because the thing is supper snappy and runs Sierra and everything just fines. Talk about getting your moneys worth.

I think one of my biggest grudges with Apple is their pricing on their products. I mean I guess they know they have enough fans so they can stick with high prices, but I think they could really dominate the industry if they would cut costs. Same goes for their hardware. I think if they would give people the ability to upgrade their own stuff (like they use to), then there would be another new market once again. People like me like to add their own memory, hard drive etc. Granted their machines last a long time, it would still be nice to have those options.

I think one of my biggest grudges with Apple is their pricing on their products. I mean I guess they know they have enough fans so they can stick with high prices, but I think they could really dominate the industry if they would cut costs. Same goes for their hardware. I think if they would give people the ability to upgrade their own stuff (like they use to), then there would be another new market once again. People like me like to add their own memory, hard drive etc. Granted their machines last a long time, it would still be nice to have those options.
I don't get you and your switch to a MAC. You still seem to have the desire to want to upgrade and you are complaining about the price yet you think the MAC is the device for you. Is it the Windows operating system you dislike so much now? Virus possibility?

I don't get you and your switch to a MAC. You still seem to have the desire to want to upgrade and you are complaining about the price yet you think the MAC is the device for you. Is it the Windows operating system you dislike so much now? Virus possibility?
I don't dislike Windows, macs are just different. You know me man, I was the biggest hater or Apple. I didn't want anything to do with them, refused to even use one. But they just "work" I mean honestly I kinda like not knowing what goes on in the background. Like with with Windows you can dig deep, get in the registry, modify files, etc. You can to with a Mac but it is more hidden. Everything is just organized and just works. Kinda like your phone. The icons site in their neat little places. To remove then just hold down and click the little black X. Unlike an Android where there are all these background process, icons all over the place etc. That is the way my mac feels when I use it. Virus/spyware? no worries MON WELCOME TO JAMAICA MON. Not that there aren't some out there, but 99.9% you never have to worry. I don't know if you could use one along side of your Windows machine at home for about a month, I would like to see what you would think and if you would make the switch.

Update 10.1.2 is now out.

I think they need to re-think their strategy.

Apple's newest MacBook Pro is the first MacBook not recommended by Consumer Reports

Last edited by a moderator:
Update out.

I only update now in hoping to fix all the crap they put out that ruined my battery life and other buggy issues.  And yes, I did a factory restore not long ago and even bare, it's crap since the first iOS 10 came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only update now in hoping to fix all the crap they put out that ruined my battery life and other buggy issues.  And yes, I did a factory restore not long ago and even bare, it's crap since the first iOS 10 came out.
Which version of the iphone do you have?

Back