What's new

Well he did it. 1,000,000 Gamerscore reached

ndboarder

Yeah, I should've title this something better, like Achievement Unlocked or whatever.

I compared my activity to his. I've played 223 games (Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Xbox Live games on my phone) and have a total gamer score of 48,360 and a completion rate of 39%. Quick aside, if Xbox.com's math is right and mine is too, that means I would have 124,000 gs had I completed every possible achievement in the games I've played.

Anyway, in comparison, he has played 1580 games with a completion rate of 79%.

ndboarder

So, for those Xbox Live gamers here, and given we are all far from reaching the 1,000,000 gamer score, of the achievements you have earned, which of them are you most proud to have completed?

ndboarder

For me, I guess as far as achievements to be proud of:

The few games I've 100% completed top the list. Not a single achievement I know, but pretty rare I manage to get every one in a game, so the 2-3 I did it on are at the top.

For a single achievement I'm not entirely sure. The "Dedicated" achievement for Skate 3 is up there, given it's probably one of the rarer achievements that I have gotten.

Also, "Trash Picker" in CoD: Ghosts. Also maybe a rarer one and more because the number of tries and time it took to get through enough of the map this is done on when playing solo. I think it was my only solo escape (which I barely managed)

nodle

Administrator
I always liked the xbox achievements. The sony ones are lackluster. But you should see the ones on WoW, they put them both to shame. @C Pav would agree with me on this. Makes you feel like you really accomplished something.

C Pav

I always liked the xbox achievements. The sony ones are lackluster. But you should see the ones on WoW, they put them both to shame. @C Pav would agree with me on this. Makes you feel like you really accomplished something.
I agree with @nodle. The one's in WoW do have more behind them because a lot take a team effort or a good amount of time to complete. I know those who are not into WoW won't understand but beating a raid boss as a team after many attempts and failures is a great feeling. I have always liked how WoW did their achievements as well as the even rarer(mostly) feats of strength.

Of course I am a huge achievement guy on the Xbox so my heart lies there. I have a score of WOW I like this number. maybe I should leave it and never do anymore. It's 80808...Nice. I have played 211 games and have a 49% completion. Not sure on which I am most proud of due to how hard it was. I guess maybe some of the 100% games like Just Cause and Condemned. I just don't have the time to grind or go for harder to get ones anymore.

I must add Steam also has a nice achievement system. basically similar to XBox. As for trophies, I feel the same as @nodle. They are just "ok". Nothing special for some reason. I know they are essentially similar to the others but still seem lesser to me.

WayneKerr

I don't have xboxlive anymore, because I just wasn't playing it. As far as the cheevos on steam go, and perhaps in general, it is a way to remind a person whether or not they have completed a percentage of the totality of the game.

The ones on iOS games are the ones that strike me as odd, only because I don't expect them. Not because I don't think the idea has utility.

ndboarder

The biggest point to Achievements (or trophies really), I think, is for developers to give a person a reason to try to do something in a game they may normally not do. For example, I could complete a game much faster if I just played it on easy. I'd still get the store and gameplay, and playing on a more difficult level would simply be something to do if I really wanted more challenge or really really liked the game. Tie a 100gs Gamerscore to a higher difficulty and I'll probably just play on that level from the start.

I guess in recent history I'm also fairly proud of my achievements for two other feats in CoD: Ghosts on Extinction play:

1) For the first escape on Point of Contact map

2) For the defeat of the breeder on the Nightfall map

Probably sounds like greek if you haven't played it, but extinction is a survival type mode of up to 4 players working together. I and a couple buddies have been playing this quite a bit lately. Each attempt, if you get very far is nearly an hour of time to invest. In total I think I've been out of PoC 4-5 times now and beat Nightfall twice, and I've played a couple hundred games. It isn't easy, you really have to work together as a team and communicate, so when we have made it out it's been pretty rewarding, especially that first time on each map.