Weather Stations

Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Has anyone ever been around them? I know our neighbor back home runs one and uses Weather Underground with it. There are a couple off different brands and models such as a 3 in 1 and a 5 in 1 model. The one I was looking it at is a 5 in 1 model that does rain, wind speed, wind direction, humidity and temperature. It comes with a wireless adapter that connects to your home router and then can upload the data to your own cell phone or different websites. Anyone know anyone or have one?

Last edited by a moderator:

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I haven't looked into it much, but have considered them. Was tempted by one at Costco the other day. 5-in-1 type model I believe you mention (at least those functions)

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ya it would be kinda fun to have just to contribute to the community. Seems pretty straight forward on how to setup too.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I think I found the model that I am looking for that fit's everything that I want in it. Probably the best all-in-one unit that I have found.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well I just ordered a weather station. In the meantime they came out with a smaller model that still does IP broadcasting and at half the cost. I will install this weekend and maybe take some photos of it and report back in here.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Thanks to @C Pav for going to get some hardware for install with me at lunch today. I still plan on taking some photos once I get it installed.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
When I am in the mood to do something I do it. I came home and thought, "Well maybe I'll just put the pole up" Couple hours later I complete the whole thing lol :p Anyways it was fairly easy to do, installed the pole and made sure it was level. Installed the u-bolts and then had to loosen and forgot to set the thing due North but got that all aligned to North using my Iphone. Came inside and installed the indoor reader in our upstairs hallway next to my thermostat. It shows temp, pressure and humidity. Then plugged in the little unit using an Ethernet cable and logged in checked my firmware and updated it then put in my credentials and boom 5 minutes later I am broadcasting. Proud of myself. :D The unit is secure and it would take my deck blowing off before that thing comes down. It's 13 feet exactly off the ground and 3 feet above our deck top. This way I can take a ladder in case I need to knock snow off or clean it. You can see the solar panel that re-charges the batteries inside.It feel good to accomplish something like that. (y)

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Loving this weather station. Looks like we may get some winds and rain this weekend, so it will be interesting to see the rain gauge work.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well got my station setup at the new place. Looks like I am the only one around the area except for the tiny airport they have.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well gave my weather station to my Dad since he enjoys it more than I do. Bought myself just a simple indoor/outdoor etc. one. But helped him get it setup and broadcasting today.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Got this back from my parents when they moved awhile back, got it back up and installed yesterday.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Gave an AmbientWeather PWS to some family a few years ago so they can monitor rainfall and everything else. Put one up here last year as well. Have them all online and registered to upload data through WeatherUnderground.com. Using that or apps like PWSMonitor family can check in on their own rainfall / conditions and compare to ours and such. Them farm folks like to watch their rain fall amounts...