Coffee Drinkers unite!

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How many of you drink coffee around here? I'm a K-cup guy myself. I don't like my coffee to strong, then you get that acidic taste to it. I also like to use some sort of flavored creamer with mine. I also prefer my coffee lukewarm. Not to hot, not to cold. I have been using this flavor lately and I like it alot. You can't really taste the coconut.

m4Lx9Cs.png

I drink Folgers Classic Roast from a regular coffee pot. I've tried the K-cup stuff, Donut Shop regular wasn't bad. I drink it black but I don't like it as strong as some do. I prefer it hot. We have a Keurig but never use it.

Folgers does make quality coffee. I enjoy their caramel drizzle.

vvfDfF4.jpg

How many of you drink coffee around here? I'm a K-cup guy myself. I don't like my coffee to strong, then you get that acidic taste to it. I also like to use some sort of flavored creamer with mine. I also prefer my coffee lukewarm. Not to hot, not to cold. I have been using this flavor lately and I like it alot. You can't really taste the coconut.m4Lx9Cs.png
ಠ_ಠ If you can't taste the coconut, why not get plain?
The keurig has been one of my favorite coffee makers. I don't like to wait on other coffee makers now. Where my wife works, they have one connected to the water system. No refilling the resivor Hot coffee all the time!

Personally, I like the darker kind. I have found a few that have been too acidic though.

I used to drink a fair amount of coffee at my previous job, so that was nearly 7 years ago now. We have a good Cuisinart coffee pot at home that grinds and brews. Has a burr grinder so it's supposed to preserve the oils and flavors of the coffee beans better. It rarely gets used as a full pot of coffee goes to waste.

As such we do have a Keurig, mostly Caribou cups for it. I just use it occasionally with an apple cider mix. I should try to go back to coffee drinking though, would be better than the amount of soda I drink at work some days.

@@WayneKerr I think one reason I like it is the coconut flavoring kind balances the strength of the coffee. I don't like a bold coffee all that much. @@ndboarder I honestly think that coffee is probably better for you that soda. I know it's not good to drink alot of coffee, but compared to all that sugar I don't think it can be much worse.

a full pot of coffee goes to waste.
This is what did it for me. I would make a pot drink a cup, maybe two at best. Typically, by the time the coffee finished brewing, I didn't want coffee anymore.As far as budget coffee goes, there is one other coffee maker I'd like to try. Instead of a kcup, its a measuring cup hat you pour your own grounds in to. The resivor is small though.

@@ndboarder I honestly think that coffee is probably better for you that soda. I know it's not good to drink alot of coffee, but compared to all that sugar I don't think it can be much worse.
It's definitely better, and exactly because of the sugar. Coffee people go back and forth on. Soda in moderation is fine too as far as I'm concerned. Some days I can definitely exceed moderation if I'm feeling tired or something. Anyway, given the temps maybe today's the day to drink a hot drink. Tough choices around work here. Starbucks or Seattle's Best are the types of coffee the machines here have stocked. People seem to have a preference, and I suppose they are different roasts, but the two companies are one and the same...

This is what did it for me. I would make a pot drink a cup, maybe two at best. Typically, by the time the coffee finished brewing, I didn't want coffee anymore.As far as budget coffee goes, there is one other coffee maker I'd like to try. Instead of a kcup, its a measuring cup hat you pour your own grounds in to. The resivor is small though.
Sounds like you need the My Kup for your Keurig. Let's you use grounds of your choice with your Keurig.http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-Reusable-Coffee-Filter/dp/B000DLB2FI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389024317&sr=8-1&keywords=keurig+my+cup

My dad uses on of those adapters for his Keurig maker. It's basically a stainless basket that you can put any type of coffee in. He uses it more than buying K-cups. I have heard stories of them clogging the needle though.

The Keurig branded one has a whole assembly that goes around the filter, so I'd think it should be fine. No worse than shoving the needle down throw the foil on the K-cups.

All this talk of coffee made me go make a cup. Currently having:

rS36S5i.jpg

I must say eggnog makes a good coffee creamer replacement.

Picked up a new Keurig. Our old one we have had before they were even popular. It was time for a new one. I also picked up a Contigo travel mug to go along with it. I have always heard that they are the best. I was use to bringing my porcelain coffee mug to work that would lose heat but this one actually contains the heat so it is a little deceiving. I picked up up and it felt cool, but the inside contents were hot.

Picked up a new Keurig. Our old one we have had before they were even popular. It was time for a new one. I also picked up a Contigo travel mug to go along with it. I have always heard that they are the best. I was use to bringing my porcelain coffee mug to work that would lose heat but this one actually contains the heat so it is a little deceiving. I picked up up and it felt cool, but the inside contents were hot.
Still trying to figure out that coffee is hot? ;)

Still trying to figure out that coffee is hot? ;)
Between this and pizza rolls I am surprised that I still have a tongue.

Been drinking alot of these lately.

XUYqWhn.jpg

The caramel flavor is a little potent though.

Back