Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Venom - the movie

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I must say I am hesitant after watching the trailer, they didn't even show him and yet. I am a little worried that this will bomb.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Too bad, I like Hardy as an actor in other movies. Kind of an odd role for him.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Everything that I have read and heard says this movie is horrible and will flop big time.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
And yet... here it is breaking some box office records...
I think that is all about timing, I mean what is your competition "Smallfoot"? That has already been out a week anyways. I wanted to love the movie but I heard the acting is terrible. A modern day Spawn movie.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I read this about it:

1. That this was an awful movie.
  2. That it was wildly entertaining.

"You can enjoy eating at McDonalds but still understand that it's garbage food. Venom is the same way."

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I dunno about the timing aspect. In general people don't go to a theater, look up and figure out what to see after they've gotten to the theater. Something drew them to the theater that they planned to see.

Sure if there was a bigger movie that came out it could've eaten into sales, but a movie doesn't break a record just because nothing else is in theaters, it had to draw people to the theater.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I see this is out for rent now, I still hear mixed things about it. I might rent it to check it out.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well maybe this movie isn't so bad? I stopped in to rent in and they were completly out of all DVDs and blue-rays. The lady said it's being rented non-stop.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Well maybe this movie isn't so bad? I stopped in to rent in and they were completly out of all DVDs and blue-rays. The lady said it's being rented non-stop.
Wait, you still have a store for renting discs? Why not just rent digital?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Wait, you still have a store for renting discs? Why not just rent digital?
Yes we do, it's quite crazy actually. I swear we are one of the last places in the country. It's not small either, it's quite a large video store. The even rent video games as well. I love it actually, it allows my kids to experience it what it was once like for me growing up. She gets excited going in and looking through all the box art. Plus a disk has it's advantages over digital. *cough :devilish:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well just finished watching this movie. It was fun, not great, but not horrible. I will just stick with 'fun'.
Make sure to wait around after the credits.