What's new
Fluxoid forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venom - the movie

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
I must say I am hesitant after watching the trailer, they didn't even show him and yet. I am a little worried that this will bomb.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
And yet... here it is breaking some box office records...
I think that is all about timing, I mean what is your competition "Smallfoot"? That has already been out a week anyways. I wanted to love the movie but I heard the acting is terrible. A modern day Spawn movie.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
I read this about it:

1. That this was an awful movie.
  2. That it was wildly entertaining.

"You can enjoy eating at McDonalds but still understand that it's garbage food. Venom is the same way."

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
I dunno about the timing aspect. In general people don't go to a theater, look up and figure out what to see after they've gotten to the theater. Something drew them to the theater that they planned to see.

Sure if there was a bigger movie that came out it could've eaten into sales, but a movie doesn't break a record just because nothing else is in theaters, it had to draw people to the theater.

Top Bottom