All things related to Nintendo platforms

Got my 3dsxl all charged, did update, then realized in the time that I have been away nothing really all that great has come out. Nintendo use to pump out a ton of games for this, what happened?

Got my 3dsxl all charged, did update, then realized in the time that I have been away nothing really all that great has come out. Nintendo use to pump out a ton of games for this, what happened?
Expand your interests:Fire Emblam games

Monster Hunter games

Several Zeldas

Xenoblade Chronicles

Ever Oasis

Final Fantasy

It seems like Mario Odessey is a big hit.

It seems like Mario Odessey is a big hit.
Is this a surprise?  Releasing a new Mario game is like printing money for Nintendo.  There are differences of course, but the overall control and gameplay is similar to the Mario64 / Mario Galaxy games.

Is this a surprise?  Releasing a new Mario game is like printing money for Nintendo.  There are differences of course, but the overall control and gameplay is similar to the Mario64 / Mario Galaxy games.
I am not surprised. But I always wonder if it's more fanboy hype than anything. I mean even if Nintendo messed up a Mario game, I still think it would get massive rave reviews.

I am not surprised. But I always wonder if it's more fanboy hype than anything. I mean even if Nintendo messed up a Mario game, I still think it would get massive rave reviews.
True, but I can't think of an example of them messing one up so far.  The games are generally true to the normal playstyle with a few new changes, so unless you just don't like Mario games, you basically know you will enjoy the games for the most part.   

True, but I can't think of an example of them messing one up so far.  The games are generally true to the normal playstyle with a few new changes, so unless you just don't like Mario games, you basically know you will enjoy the games for the most part.   
Are you getting it? I watched some gameplay last night on it. There seems to be so much going on. I wish they would release some old side-scrolling ones like the SNES versions but with modern graphics and new worlds, not open world style.

Are you getting it? I watched some gameplay last night on it. There seems to be so much going on. I wish they would release some old side-scrolling ones like the SNES versions but with modern graphics and new worlds, not open world style.
I have it already.   The type you are talking about will come too I'm sure.  I mean they released a couple of those at least for Wii U, and I'm sure they'll have more of that style Mario coming to Switch eventually.

Looks like the new Zelda expansion is out... with motorcycles?

It also won Game of the Year as I understand it.  Deservingly so

It also won Game of the Year as I understand it.  Deservingly so
Ya saw that to. I would agree (even though I haven't played it) that it is game of the year. Throughout the year I have heard nothing but positive things about it.

Sounds like the Switch is getting all the Bayonetta games including the new #3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's talk about what a floop the Wii-U was. I am glad I sold mine when I did. Nintendo really let us down with that. The Switch seems to be doing 10x better in a shorter amount of time. What do you think?

Let's talk about what a floop the Wii-U was. I am glad I sold mine when I did. Nintendo really let us down with that. The Switch seems to be doing 10x better in a shorter amount of time. What do you think?
The Wii-U did what it was supposed to do.  It let you play the latest Nintendo games.   Switch is the same way.  It isn't powerful, it's more like they put their handheld and console hopes into one basket.  Given then dominate handheld and the only console stuff they've had for a decade is their own, it's probably smart.  I'm sure they knew how the consoles would do, they have to know Xbox/PS4 are far more powerful and that AAA games made for those won't even be able to run on the Switch, the same as they couldn't on the Wii/Wii U.  Nintendo's model is to release a console, release a Mario/Zelda/Kart/Donky Kong/Kirby, let their franchise games sell their consoles, then repeat when they have something new to offer from console.

The Wii-U did what it was supposed to do.  It let you play the latest Nintendo games.
I somewhat agree with you, but I had one and while it seemed like a great system at first, after the main games were released it seemed like more were suppose to come and it just had a big span of nothing new. Most people were like me and just let them collect dust because nothing came out. Then the new console got everyone hyped and it just faded off. I kinda feel like it was the "Vista" of consoles. While nothing that bad about it, it was just kinda swept under the rug and forgotten.

Reminds me some what of Tales of Symphonia.

Back