Ufo detector software

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ran across this software tonight. It is being developed to detect Ufos using software that works with different cameras. It can detect false positive such as birds and planes. Looks fairly straight forward and can even use your webcam. I think it's fairly new software but the developer seems to be active with it. The main site for the software:

https://projectce.org/wp/

Some install instructions here.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I think I am going to try this. I have the same webcam that they recommend. I am just going to load it up on a old laptop that I have and set it out on the back deck and let it run all day and see what I pick up. It will be a fun experiment.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
My luck they UFO's would fly behind my cameras field of vision.

Awaiting your reports.

Have you ever considered night photography in the sky? I borrowed a book from the library about taking photos of the moon. Quite detailed what the author did with the camera. Its all about being steady, understanding light saturation and what you can do when you take your camera off Auto-Focus. It is also about the glass, but the basics are the basics.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Actually @WayneKerr I use to be big into astronomy and yes I have looked into it. In fact I almost got into it. I had a T-adapter picked out for my digital slr, read about leaving your aperture open for a long time etc. Just one of those things that I never went though all the way with. Now they have even adapter for cameras that are like webcams that can fit in place and record to your computer where you can overlap images. I have even seen mods out there with guys hacking webcams for this purpose.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
My plans to try this out today kinda got ruined. When I get a chance to test it I will post what I think here.