Who here collects watches?

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have an unhealthy obsession with them? I have always loved them. Someday when I become rich I will have my Rolex. In the meantime I am addicted to others. Just picked up a new one. What do you think?

HA2SdJP.jpg

This makes 3 G-Shocks that I own now. Not including my Citizen.

Well I am back to add another to my collection. This one has alot smaller face. Plus it is solar powered and has Atomic time keeping. Got a good deal on it and could not pass it up.

UWCtH0u.jpg

Solar and Atomic? Nice!

I also have another G-shock with solar and atomic time keeping. First off you will never have to replace the battery, secondly each night it updates itself to the correct time to the second. So you are never off on the time. It's perfect. I'll try to get a photo next time I wear the other one.

I have an appreciation of fully mechanical "complicated" watches. It's a fascinating art to me.

My wife bought me a real nice watch case for Christmas. Holds I think 12? It's got a nice glass top and is wrapped in a carbon leather. Holds and displays them real nice.

So awhile back I got a bad scratch on my pebble. Well it's not so bad, but it annoys me since I like to keep my stuff mint. After a couple of support emails back and forth they are sending me out a new one to replace it. So I am happy now. With they lower cost of the new pebble time now, I wouldn't mind getting one if those now  to.

On my list next I wouldn't mind getting the Pebble Time. I still would like a Seiko 5 also.

Well knock one off my list. Finally purchased my Seiko 5 that I have always wanted. Just got it yesterday. It's beautiful. I love the open back and the second hand movement DAM!

VUZgcnY.jpg

One of the new watches I recently picked up. This will be my work watch.

H86slgr.jpg

Going back to the 80's!

uAUvTFu.jpg

Last edited:
Green machine!

qWtzQhC.jpg

Last edited:
The height of watch masterpieces.

image.png

I saw a guy in a meeting wearing the Garmin Instinct watch the other day. I looked into them awhile back. I see they have a version 2 out that has an option to use solar and has almost unlimited battery life as long as there is sun out. Pretty sweet for a smart watch. Even if you don’t have a lot of sun the battery life is insane. People seem to like them for a smart watch.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/690051

I saw a guy in a meeting wearing the Garmin Instinct watch the other day. I looked into them awhile back. I see they have a version 2 out that has an option to use solar and has almost unlimited battery life as long as there is sun out. Pretty sweet for a smart watch. Even if you don’t have a lot of sun the battery life is insane. People seem to like them for a smart watch.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/690051
Perfect for tactical bros!

I think I would almost choose the Garmin Instinct over an iWatch. I really only want something to display my texts, and it has tons of other features as well. The two major selling points over an iWatch are you don't have to baby it vs. the iWatch since it's more rugged. Plus, that battery life. Who wants to have to charge their watch each day?

I think I would almost choose the Garmin Instinct over an iWatch. I really only want something to display my texts, and it has tons of other features as well. The two major selling points over an iWatch are you don't have to baby it vs. the iWatch since it's more rugged. Plus, that battery life. Who wants to have to charge their watch each day?
Is charging the watch daily that big of deal? I have the charger right next to my bed. It charges while I sleep. Easy. Unless you want sleep monitoring then yeah I guess it's a slight annoyance. I think the Apple watch is pretty legit and it's only going to get better with more robust health features which I like.

I will concede that Garmin makes some cool smart watches that people use for marathons, triathlons, Iron Man races etc. They run a little more money but I'm guessing Apple is trying to get into that market as well starting with their Ultra.

Back