Top dog next-gen console

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Who is going to be the top dog? The 360, PS3 or Wii?

Microsoft obviously got a jump on the competition with the release date. I'm not sure how they'll stand up after the PS3 comes out, but we'll see. I had heard at one point that if they didn't turn a profit with the 360 they would pull out of the console market.

I'm sure the PS3 will have a strong following from the PS fans, and those who will shell out to have two or three of these new consoles. I think I would give Sony the edge based on their previous success.

Nintendo is a bit of a wild card in my book. The majority of their games seem to be targetted at a younger audience, so they may have that area of the market cornered. The "revolutionary" controller looks odd to me (old NES rotated 90 degrees?), but if it works well could be another selling point.

So there's a few thought of mine, what do you think?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I'm gonna go with PS3 all the way. But I think if they release a Star Wars game for the revolution and use their controller as a lightsaber they are gonna grab a huge market just for that one game.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I'm gonna go with PS3 all the way. But I think if they release a Star Wars game for the revolution and use their controller as a lightsaber they are gonna grab a huge market just for that one game.
Agreed. If they come up with some inventive uses for the controller it could be a huge selling point.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I am a fan of all systems but have gripes on all. The 360 is powerful and is out now. I have it and there are some nice games for it and the system offers some cool features like connecting and streaming from your computer. The downsides right now are the many problems with the system as far as crashing and failure of the system. Another bad thing is many games really don't bring next gen graphics or gameplay.

The PS3 and Wii will of course do well. The PS3 because it's Sony and has a grasp on the gaming industry due to it's past success. Nintendo is Nintendo and will bring some new stuff to the table. They only "fail" in the department of being first on the market and also with delays in getting released. Aside form that, they will do well.

In the end, PS3 will probably do the best due to how the Asian market eats anyting Sony up plus Sony has many big develpoers making top notch games for the system. I will more then likely buy all the systems if I can and enjoy the many hours of gaming that ensues.