Loudness war

It was sad to see that U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was also included with the horrible recording techniques.

Bob Katz passes this video on as a good way to understand compression and the loudness wars:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.Unless you're sure you want to reply' date=' please consider starting a new topic.[/quote']Shrug.  I just reposted the link for the loudness war.  Does anyone know of a website that lists music that isn't over produce

Bob Katz passes this video on as a good way to understand compression and the loudness wars:

Whatever, I pirate my music anyways  :pirate:

Forwarding to RIAA...  :Wink:

Ludes needs non compressed pirated tunes with which I hope to supply him.

Audio Engineer Claims that Metallica's Latest Album Sounds Better on Guitar Hero III

http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/09/metallica-wav-files-gh3-quality.jpg

Mastering Engineer Ian Shepherd is among those who believe that the distortion Metallica fans have been complaining about since the release of Death Magnetic is not present in the Guitar Hero III version. As he notes: "In comparison, the released CD version is - to coin a technical phrase - smashed to fuck." So who or what is to blame here? Shepherd believes that the album was the latest victim of the so-called "loudness wars" going on in the industry right now. That is to say, engineers are over-editing and sacrificing sound quality to achieve a higher level of louditude. The GHIII version strips away the clipping and focuses more on dynamic range.
People are actually recording themselves playing the Metallica tracks and uploading them online because they sound so much better! I believe the people who make guitar hero have bought the rights to the entire album' date=' meaning theoretically they could release the 'enhanced' version?[/quote']P.S. look on Demonoid for the GH3 one. It has more seeds than the other anyway...
Maybe they can release "And justice for all" on GH3 then.

Back