Disney + streaming service

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's everyone new take on the new Disney +? Something that your interested in? I'm not really I have most of the Disney movies so it's not that big of a deal to me. I think they would had been better just to add everything to Netflix.

I intend to do the week trial and get a better idea starting sometime this weekend. Testing some other things with entertainment options already. For less than $100 a year it doesn't seem bad to have full access to all Disney films (plus Marvel, Star wars, some original series and a lot of older shows). I own plenty if Disney / Pixar films, but easy to consider the subscription a wash and just not purchase new content. Will have to see.

From a pure business sense I'm sure they make more on their own service and millions of subscribers than getting a small bit from Netflix for the content.

I think I'd be more likely to keep Disney+ than Netflix if doing only one though. Not much of the Netflix original content appeals to me or is not all that family friendly. Their movie selection and delay in movies has only seemed to get worse over time.

Well just signed up for the trial, quite the selection actually, might keep it for awhile.

I think I have been watching more of Disney + than the kids. Just watched The Mandalorian and it was surprisingly really good, can’t wait to see more episodes.

I signed up for the trial, but haven't watched anything yet. The $7 a month tag isn't bad, but hte option to pay $70 for the year is what I chose. Figured I might as well get a couple months free. There's a few of the Marvel movies I haven't seen/watched yet and the Mandelorian that I want to watch, but plenty of movies and shows in their lineup that I'd watch - I'm basically just a really old kid

Ya so far I have been enjoying it. I thought the kids would enjoy it, but seems like I am using it more. Watched The Flight of the Navigator the other night, such a classic.

I intend to do the week trial and get a better idea starting sometime this weekend. Testing some other things with entertainment options already. For less than $100 a year it doesn't seem bad to have full access to all Disney films (plus Marvel, Star wars, some original series and a lot of older shows). I own plenty if Disney / Pixar films, but easy to consider the subscription a wash and just not purchase new content. Will have to see.From a pure business sense I'm sure they make more on their own service and millions of subscribers than getting a small bit from Netflix for the content.

I think I'd be more likely to keep Disney+ than Netflix if doing only one though. Not much of the Netflix original content appeals to me or is not all that family friendly. Their movie selection and delay in movies has only seemed to get worse over time.
I agree with your Netflix take. Their movie selection is extremely weak. They have a few original series that I like, which is the only reason why I continue to have it. But once those are done.......

Just release a new episode of the The Mandalorian, awesome show so far!

I started The Mandalorian last night. Only watched the first couple episodes. It's a bit slower moving than I expected, but good so far. Hope to watch the rest of the released episodes over the next night or two if I have some time.

Still have the subscription. I know my son binge watched pretty much every movie he was interested in like The Incredibles, Up and a few others so now bored of it. I started the Star Wars series in releases order. So far finished A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. I got to watch the rets of the second one with son as he was home sick for a half a few weeks ago and I fell asleep watching it the night before so started it where I left off. He enjoyed it fair enough but so many questions. Hope to continue the rest soon.

I will say I was not prepared for the 4k or whatever remastered look they gave it./ Not really a fan of it in the first but by the second I got used to it. Also, no 7.1 sound on these.

I will say I was not prepared for the 4k or whatever remastered look they gave it./ Not really a fan of it in the first but by the second I got used to it. Also, no 7.1 sound on these.
I've not watched the films on Disney+, are you saying it looks different than say the Blu-Ray releases of the original movies - or had you not seen the movies since long ago?
As far as the 7.1 sound, I think what audio you get from Disney+ titles is currently a bit dependent on which device you stream from. I read that the films are playing in Atmos on say Apple TV and Nvidia Shield, but The Mandelorean does not. On those same devices Dolby Vision works well (12-bit form of HDR color) - then on a Roku device the Atmos sound is on the films and show, but it doesn't have Dolby Vision

Suffice to say, I think which Dolby audio profiles are currently working on different platforms varies, but I'm sure they'll eventually get things squared away and see them working more uniformly with all expected profiles before long.

Still have the subscription. I know my son binge watched pretty much every movie he was interested in like The Incredibles, Up and a few others so now bored of it. I started the Star Wars series in releases order. So far finished A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. I got to watch the rets of the second one with son as he was home sick for a half a few weeks ago and I fell asleep watching it the night before so started it where I left off. He enjoyed it fair enough but so many questions. Hope to continue the rest soon.I will say I was not prepared for the 4k or whatever remastered look they gave it./ Not really a fan of it in the first but by the second I got used to it. Also, no 7.1 sound on these.
Make sure to watch the other Star Wars side story movies as well, they are great!

I'll admit I use Disney + way more than I thought I would. In fact I think I use it more than Netflix now.

I caught up on The Mandelorian the other night. Seems to have gotten a bit better as it goes, or maybe I just have been drawn more into the arching story line. Now the wait for the next episode has set in.

Well, watched Episode 8 of The Mandelorian over the weekend. Enjoyed the series, sad that the first season is already done and anything new will be late next year at least.

Well, watched Episode 8 of The Mandelorian over the weekend. Enjoyed the series, sad that the first season is already done and anything new will be late next year at least.
I didn’t even know this was the final episode until this kept hearing people saying it was. I thought there would be at least 12 for the season. I thought the last episode was quite weak. I hoped for something different. Still a great series all and all though and I can’t wait for the next season.

Everyone enjoying the new Mandalorian season? Our family really likes the series, the episodes go too quick though.

Back