3D and resin based printers

So I printed something new this weekend to test my new printer settings. I printed a 'Aztec Death Whistle'. Some modeled one after the original. I mostly did it as a test to test me new retraction settings. So I had got home with my wife and she said why did you print that skull, I told her the story and she goes that isn't going to sound like that, she said have you tried it and i said no. So she is getting the kids out of the car and she goes try it, So I blow in it. I have never heard anything like that in my life. if was just for a split second but it was like I had summon demons from hell. It literally produces human screams. We all just froze and my kids started crying. I am to scared to blow in it again. Man I don't know how the Aztecs came up with this but I can imagine a multitude of people blowing these coming down a hill at you. I'll try to get a picture of my print.

Aztec Death Whistle

Well I did it, I finally swapped out my hot end fan and cooling fan. Also flashed to 1.10 Marlin.

Pretty excited. Finally found a great hot end mount that works perfect. Got a new bowden extruder coming this week which I will swap out and a few new other parts.

Got my new extruder hooked up and firmware flashed. Works great! It really turned out nice.

Got my new extruder hooked up and firmware flashed. Works great! It really turned out nice.
The part that you are making a profit on or improving your quality of life?

improving your quality of life?
2018-01-10-19.45.04.jpg
This basically control the filament being pushed out. It's a 3to1 gear ratio so more accuracy. One of the biggest reasons I went this way was to get my filament away from my z-rod. That is just a bad design.

I must say I may have reached perfection with my printer. Flashed new firmware this morning and actually printed a useful piece for my truck and it turned out flawless.

Well it has been awhile, so much other stuff going one. But broke it out tonight and had to setup everything again. Flashed to latest Marlin firmware, my z-offset stayed the same, and got my Octoprint up to date and printed a small test print and it came out perfect. I have the thing perfectly dialed in. :cool:

Printing this to put money in it for a Christmas gift. Should keep them occupied for awhile.

68bbcfdc2a74b28f47734b03c00d7768_preview_featured.jpg

Printing this to put money in it for a Christmas gift. Should keep them occupied for awhile.68bbcfdc2a74b28f47734b03c00d7768_preview_featured.jpg
That's so awesome!. Can you do puzzle boxes? I always wanted to build wooden Japanese puzzle boxes.

I was impressed by the quality of the labyrinth thing. It turned out quite nice, and works good. I would say it's about 6 inches high by 2 inches wide. I kinda want to print more just because of how well it come out. Took about 6-7 hours for both pieces.

Well the labyrinth box was a huge hit tonight at present opening. In fact everyone loved it, it got passed around more than anything.

Ughhh I need to get back into printing. Think I will order some gold filament to try out.

So finally broke her back out. Updated to latest firmware. Added a bunch of parts I purchased awhile back and redid my fan setup. Tried out my gold filament as well. Looks about as true to gold color as you can get.

Ordered a new borosilicate glass plate for my bed.

Ordered food dehydrator. new hotend, and some other parts. :geek:

Back