What's new
Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Thinking about getting back into Astronomy

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
New lens is pretty breathtaking. Because of the wide scope of view its almost like everything is in 3D.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
You guys are really missing out on Jupiter this time of the year in the East. You will notice a bright star rising.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Got a great photo of the recent "Blood Moon". Took this one using my smaller scope, nothing fancy, no filters or Photoshop that was the natural look. This was done but just using my phone in my hand over the eyepiece, no cradle.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ordered a new 9mm wide angle eye piece for my scope. I can't wait the weather is getting warmer at night and the planets are starting to be in view.

Last edited:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well it has been some time coming. I have had this in my cart for quite some time now and I work up to a limited time sale this morning, so I couldn't pass it up. No more having to align, just set it up, hit a button and let it do the work.

• Enables automatic alignment of your Celestron computerized telescope. See a full list of compatible telescopes in the technology tab.
  • No need to identify or locate any star in the sky–StarSense automatically aligns your telescope, so you can begin observing in minutes
  • Aligns in 3 minutes or less
  • Provides advanced mount modeling—align on numerous stars throughout the sky for extremely precise GoTo pointing accuracy
  • StarSense hand controller included

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I saw something on the news about Jupiter opposition yesterday. Forgot to mention it. Something about it being opposite of the sun and being at it's most visable point? Not into it but it probably makes sense to @nodle

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I saw something on the news about Jupiter opposition yesterday. Forgot to mention it. Something about it being opposite of the sun and being at it's most visable point? Not into it but it probably makes sense to @nodle
Yes it's great viewing right now. I broke out my smaller scope to test out my 9mm eye piece last week. I looked at Jupiter and were able to see it's moons as well. I didn't stay out to long since it was cloudy and the cloudy kept covering Jupiter. When it gets dark look to the South East and you will see what appears to be a bright star right now, that is Jupiter.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I did break out the small scope last night again to view Jupiter. At least the evenings are starting to stay warmer now. I will break out the big boy this weekend to get a really good view.