Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Thinking about getting back into Astronomy

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Broke out the telescope for @jmanz. While it was not the best viewing conditions when he was here (almost full moon), he did get to see Saturn and it's rings and the Moon's craters.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Broke out the telescope for @jmanz. While it was not the best viewing conditions when he was here (almost full moon), he did get to see Saturn and it's rings and the Moon's craters.
You have quite the setup there. Was fascinating to see.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Don't forget the Eclipse this Monday, were not to far from the direct line, should get some residual of it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Man people are going insane for this eclipse thing around here and were not even in the path that much.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Man people are going insane for this eclipse thing around here and were not even in the path that much.
I wonder how many people are going to end up with eye injuries over this? Not my thing I guess.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well Gentlemen I have stepped up my game a little. Say hello to my little friend.

Along with official Pelican Hard case with wheels, extra lens kit, Ac-Adapter, GPS adapter add-on, and vibration pads. I scored big time!

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Well Gentlemen I have stepped up my game a little. Say hello to my little friend.

Along with official Pelican Hard case with wheels, extra lens kit, Ac-Adapter, GPS adapter add-on, and vibration pads. I scored big time!
WTF it has a cell phone attached to it?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
WTF it has a cell phone attached to it?
This is a "go-to" system. Basically it's smart enough to tell where it's at in the world, once locked on you can pick over 40,000 items in the sky and it will move there for you (it's all motorized) and will start to auto track the object.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members

How much is this going to set me back if a feller wants to get one?

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Strange been trying to get some accessories for my scope and it seems like everywhere is sold out. I spoke to a few dealers today, and they said it's because when the eclipse was going on everyone get interested in telescopes and they all sold out and everything is one back order. Bad timing for me I guess.