Customers or a Boss hounding you right when you walk in to work

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know when I come into work, just give me 5 minutes to at least take my jacket off, or sit down for a few minutes to check my email or at least let me take one drink of my coffee. I think every job that I have ever worked at this happens. I am here 8 hours a day, give me my 5 minutes at the beginning please. I think my boss finally realized it lately because I keep saying "can I at least take one sip of my coffee". I walk in the morning being asked for all these spreadsheets and paper work and questions and I have my jacket one, lunchbox in one hand and coffee in the other. Or pulling up at my old work and walking in and people standing at the counter waiting for me. Or another just pulling up and people standing outside of the store and were not even open yet, this isn't Black Friday. So, ya anyone else have this happen to them at work?

LOL, remember seeing people waiting outside our old job so we just sit in our car in the parking lot waiting it out?

Yeah, I agree. I NEED a "warm up" time to get into the mood to work. Right when I walk in the door with my coat on and such is my worst mood typically.

LOL, remember seeing people waiting outside our old job so we just sit in our car in the parking lot waiting it out?
HAHA I remember that now. I could see people sitting in their car or at the front counter, and I would just sit out there in my car and wait them out. Remember they would get pissed in their big trucks and take off. :ROFLMAO:

HAHA I remember that now. I could see people sitting in their car or at the front counter, and I would just sit out there in my car and wait them out. Remember they would get pissed in their big trucks and take off. :ROFLMAO:
Haha yes.
Also, doing IT for enough years to really hate it but I really dislike when someone just says "Can you come help me with a problem?". What's the problem? Tell me so I know what I'm getting into, what tools to bring or some how get prepared.

How about while even being at work at screwing the other guy over by who ever could either run down stairs to the bathroom first to hide, or hide behind doors?

Or your trick:

Customer "Who am I speaking to?"

You: "*Says my name*"

LOL, remember going out to eat and you would always say my name for when they asked who to call when order was ready? THen the one time we did Leroy and Jenkins? Good old Arbys. Man I miss those times.

Customer "Who am I speaking to?"You: "*Says my name*"
Oh man I am rolling here :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Or your trick:Customer "Who am I speaking to?"
You: "*Says my name*"

LOL, remember going out to eat and you would always say my name for when they asked who to call when order was ready? THen the one time we did Leroy and Jenkins? Good old Arbys. Man I miss those times.
@Davidc pulled this on me one time when we worked together. Guy calls me all pissed off talking about his problems like I knew everything about it. He goes "Don't you remember talking to me, it was just yesterday!!!!" Daver gave him my name the day before.

I worked retail at my first job where you had to stand behind a register. We had this game where we would come up and pretend to get something behind the counter while the other guy was ringing someone up and rip ass and get out of there asap. They were trapped one on one with the customer and couldn't leave their spot. You could see the other guy coming to do it to, he always had this smirk on his face and would slowly make his way over, beads of sweat would start to form on your brow.

Back