What's next for Apple

Just what you need.  A requirement for Bluetooth stereo headphones that are prone to disruptions, or a need for an adapter to allow standard 3.5mm jacks.  I know they sell a lot of devices, but I don't know if they can kill a 40+ year old standard (3.5mm) that works perfectly fine and is used on nearly every phone/tablet/PC on the market today.  Not to mention the plethora of other devices that play music to headphones.
That is what I thought right away myself. Forcing you to go to Bluetooth.

That is what I thought right away myself. Forcing you to go to Bluetooth.
Well what they really want to do is make the phone thinner (at least according to the rumor mills) - and currently one of the "thickest" components in any mobile device is the 3.5mm jack and then the materials to surround it.  But do phones really need to be THAT slim?   Plus it means having to go BT, or having to have an adapter from lightning/USB-C/any other charging/data port on a phone to the 3.5mm plug.  I don't know how sturdy some of those (micro-USB or lightning) would be to stand up to having a dongle attached to headphones and then jostled around.  I would think over time it could break the adapter, or worse wear out the port on the device to where it wouldn't operate as expected.  I've seen a number of micro USB charging ports get to where the cable had to be held "just right" in order for it to make connections and charge. 

Apple's stock loses over $160B as analysts forecast smartphone decline

Source

Apple's stock loses over $160B as analysts forecast smartphone declineSource
Didn't read the source, but smartphone decline in general is a no-brainer.  Market is getting saturated - so there are fewer and fewer "new" customers.  Plus carriers are being more transparent about phone prices and not everyone has $600-$1000 to spend on a new phone.  Carriers do offer their payment plans - but its still transparent to people they can buy a cheap smarphone/feature phone and save >$25 a month on their bills.

Didn't read the source, but smartphone decline in general is a no-brainer.  Market is getting saturated - so there are fewer and fewer "new" customers.  Plus carriers are being more transparent about phone prices and not everyone has $600-$1000 to spend on a new phone.  Carriers do offer their payment plans - but its still transparent to people they can buy a cheap smarphone/feature phone and save >$25 a month on their bills.
I also think that Apple is running out of ideas to separate them from everyone else.

I also think that Apple is running out of ideas to separate them from everyone else.
There hasn't been anything that separated them from others for quite a few years now.  Mostly people a kind of stuck in their ecosystem, and/or are kind of blinded and still think everything Apple does is somehow revolutionary

Well I guess how much is really left to do on a phone brew coffee?

... wait this is a genius idea!

Well I guess how much is really left to do on a phone...?
Full PC replacement is what's left.  No tablet, no laptop, no need for a PC - you just have your x64 phone and a number of docks.  Works like you want a phone to work when in your pocket and on the go.  Snap it into tablet dock for a larger screen, extra battery, maybe increased graphics/CPU power.  Plug it into  dock or wirelessly connect to such a device on a desk to get a full multi-monitor PC use experience.Devices already have Miracast to wirelessly throw up what's on your screen on a TV.  Some support plugged in or BT keyboard/mouse. Combine that direction of things with stuff like Continuum on Win 10, where an app behaves and works well on my Win 10 phone, but through miracast or a dock I can get the same app experience I see from that app on my PC at work, and things like the surfacebook where the tablet works on it's own, but when attached to the keyboard has additional battery and GPU.  x86 and maybe x64 phones have been made already, but required monster batteries or had terrible battery life.

It's the way things are moving.  The biggest hold up now is getting powerful x64 processors into the phone form factor that also have decent battery life.

New iphone 7 rumors out. The iphone 7 may be waterproof, charge wirelessly and come without a standard headphone jack.

Apple stands defiant as PC market suffers steepest drop in historyThe PC market suffered its worst ever decline of 10.6pc in 2015
Well I am glad I got out when I did. My line of work was dying. This just proves it even more. Interesting to see Apple still standing though.Source

Apple will switch to OLED screens with the launch of the iPhone 7s in 2017, according to a report from Nikkei. The iPhones currently use liquid-crystal displays.

So the new Iphone was announced. Nothing all that great and they removed the headphone port. :/

I don't know, like I said they are running out of ideas. Doesn't seem worth an upgrade if you have a 6 or newer. Yes it's got a longer battery, but that is to be excepted of each new release.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-7/

Just got done reading about the Apple Watch 2. That's it? Your gonna have to do better than that Apple. Not much of a change. No thanks I'll go Pebble.

The iPhone 7 is a joke, how about that unscratchable and unbreakable saphire glass that they had planned a few years ago?  Taking out the 3.5mm audio port is going to be annoying, now you have to either have special headphones or the accessory jack, something everyone can lose or forget.  Though they finally upgraded the storage to at least 32GB, took long enough.  I have the iPhone 6 and am content.

Rumor has it that the new Macbook coming out soon will also not have a headphone jack anymore.

Apple working on "Digital Glasses". I could see this happening. I mean what is left but to get on the VR bandwagon.

Back