2017 - The year of in-home spying

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the trend this year with Amazon, Google, and other companies producing in-home listening devices? They are everywhere this year. You are basically paying for a product to place in your home to have it listen to every word that you say. People are paying with their own money to place a CIA device in your home to have every word that is spoken run through keyword software. Lest see we first had social media for pictures and videos, then smart TVs for live video, and now we have audio. What's next your DNA? Oh wait they are already programs like that like 23andme, people trading their DNA in. That about covers it.

I have also noticed Ecobee really promoting their Alexa controlled light switched lately. Plus Alexa even has cigarette lighter voice control adapters now as well. I also see Amazon is no longer carrying Nest stuff, and trying to promote their own stuff. Looks like 2018 is going the same way.

Amazon explained in an email statement:

“In rare circumstances, Alexa can mistakenly hear the phrase ‘Alexa, laugh,’. We are changing that phrase to be ‘Alexa, can you laugh?’ which is less likely to have false positives, and we are disabling the short utterance ‘Alexa, laugh.'"

You know I have heard many many conspiracies about Facebook using your microphone on your phone for keywords to display ads. I am sorry there is no way that this is coincidence. I notice it more and more a few days after I talk about something.

89qqkai3kdo11.png

You know I have heard many many conspiracies about Facebook using your microphone on your phone for keywords to display ads. I am sorry there is no way that this is coincidence. I notice it more and more a few days after I talk about something.
Those caulk suckers. Zuckerberg can kiss my network outlet.

Back