The Netflix & Amazon Prime Recommendation Thread

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I finished Daredevil last night. It was pretty decent. Can't believe they waited that long to show his suit though.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Watched this last night on Netflix. I loved the first one. I just can't believe it's been that many years ago.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Been watching Sword Art online 2 lately.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Watched Spectral last night on Netflix. I could had been good, the look was decent. But the enemy was dumb. I felt like they were going for an "Aliens" movie type of feel. Started off got, then got boring at the end.

O-Tron

I ride on flats
Members
They added a new season of Workaholics on Prime. Such a great show!
Did I ever tell you about the time I met these guys at Comic Con the first year I went there? It was right about the time the second season was airing and they were absolutely flabbergasted by the number of people who showed up for their signing. It was the weekend after the "Gay Lord's Force" episode had aired. My older brother and I were sitting in line for the signing and had a great idea, he ran and got it and we got a special "item" signed by Adam. They had made an announcement that they weren't signing anything other than the poster they were handing out for free, but they still signed what I gave them despite that. 

My brother was at the end of the line and they even mentioned how cool it was. Was pretty proud. Then Anders Holm ran me down outside so he could sign it too. Pretty awesome to actually have a conversation with these guys and have them appreciate the humor of what I had them sign.

Sadly because of the type of item it was the ink has kind of been absorbed over the last several years and you can't really tell they signed it. But I've got some pictures and the memory, which was pretty sweet. They might not remember me, but I think they definitely remember signing the item. 

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Just found out that Amazon Prime has the Indiana Jones series on there. Watch the first and about half way though the second. Haven't seen these in years, but man even today they are awesome! They stand the test of time.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I have heard of Longmire before, and it was late last night and couldn't find anything to watch on Netflix. So I watched the first episode and it was decent. Anyone else watched it? Seems right up @jmanz alley for a show.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I have heard of Longmire before, and it was late last night and couldn't find anything to watch on Netflix. So I watched the first episode and it was decent. Anyone else watched it? Seems right up @jmanz alley for a show.
Yup have been watching this on and off. Not quite caught up all the way yet. I recommended to my in laws and they love it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Still enjoying Longmire. Now that I am into it a little, it reminds me of the X-files in the way that each episode is unique, but has a small continuing story line. But it's basically a western Sherlock Holmes.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I must say Longmire is getting better and better as time goes on. I see why it has such high ratings.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
The OA was fun and interesting.  The Detour is pretty entertaining as well.  
You should watch that Longmire series of you and the Wife are looking for a new series. It has been the best series I have seen since Breaking Bad.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Started watching One Punch Man last night on Netflix. I love the comedy with it. Kinda found it out of the blue, but it's hilarious!