The Moon Landing

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Our physics teacher demonstrated some experiments that had also been performed on the moon. They would only work if performed on the moon.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Our physics teacher demonstrated some experiments that had also been performed on the moon. They would only work if performed on the moon.

Sorry sir there is now way you can bypass the van allen belt in space. Especially with the technology back then. We all know we had to fake it to beat the Soviets.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Sorry sir there is now way you can bypass the van allen belt in space. Especially with the technology back then. We all know we had to fake it to beat the Soviets.
Where can I sign up for your newsletter?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator

www.fluxoid.com

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members

www.fluxoid.com

I can't seem to locate the news letter section. ???

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
According to a documentary on the Discovery Channel, some private firm bounces a laser off of one of the mirrors placed on the moon during one of the landings.

Ludacris

Fluxoid's Doctor
Members
Proponents of the Apollo Moon Landing Hoax have argued that space travel to the moon is impossible because the Van Allen radiation would kill or incapacitate an astronaut who made the trip. Van Allen himself, now deceased (August 9, 2006), dismissed these ideas. In practice, Apollo astronauts who travelled to the moon spent very little time in the belts and received a harmless dose. . Nevertheless NASA deliberately timed Apollo launches, and used lunar transfer orbits that only skirted the edge of the belt over the equator to minimise the radiation. Astronauts who visited the moon probably have a slightly higher risk of cancer during their lifetimes, but still remain unlikely to become ill because of it.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I was about to post this a few days ago. All these years I was wondering why I never seen any disputes from Russia, but now looks like they might pursue this. I'm still on the fence about the moon landing, I always see both arguments as strong. I do feel the great pressure in the space race at the time would have caused a country to "fake" something to this scale, but it would seem crazy that they would try faking this knowing that other countries could prove or uncover it easily.