Virtual reality and headsets

AptFancyBengaltiger.gif

1DobD00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my first taste of VR today at the Verizon store. They had a cheap pair on display and I tried the demo and it was pretty amazing. The future is going to be pretty cool.

Picked up a cheap Viewmaster VR headset to play with since I got it so cheap.

What ever happened to the Hololens @ndboarder? I thought thy would have released it by now to compete with Sony's.

What ever happened to the Hololens @ndboarder? I thought thy would have released it by now to compete with Sony's.
To compete with what from Sony? HoloLens is an AR product, not VR.  Does Sony have an AR product or you mean the PS VRThe HoloLens is NOT an Xbox related product.  You can get one today if you want to order a dev kit.  They are not updating the HoloLens this year, but supposed to be a refinement coming next year.   

If you are talking about the PlayStation VR thing, first that thing gets crap reviews from most, the console just doesn't do VR that well or something from what I hear out of streamers mouths.  For Xbox specific I assume more of the VR (not the AR of HoloLens) will appear, especially with all the Windows VR devices shown at the last couple MS/Windows events.  VR for Xbox has been said will be Scorpio - so I suspect you'll hear more on that side this Sunday from the Xbox E3 event

Thought this was all dead, but looks like Sony is not giving up.

Back