Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

The hip helper - construction workers

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So I came up with a great idea about a week ago. We are in the process of putting up a privacy fence on one side of our property. As we cut the boards we had to carry them over. My father was walking in the front and I was in the back. I noticed that if I set the lumber on my belt I could just use my one hand because my belt was taking the weight and spreading it out on my hip. Then it hit me. Make a metal over hang that clips on your belt on either your right our left side or both. Then as you carry lumber just rest it on this ledge that is attached to your belt. What do you think?

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Not sure if they have a belt clip for lumber exactly, maybe figuring people won't want to wear out a belt or belt loops with the weight, but there are a number of products you can find to make carrying lumber easier.  My father has a few different gadgets to make handling plywood sheets or other sizes of lumber more manageable for a single person.  With some good marketing and refinement it might be something you could find a market for.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I looked it there and really didn't see anything like it. I am glad you understand what I'm talking about. I think they're really is a market for it. Try it sometime. Put a belt on and rest a 2x4 or something you will see that it works.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Finished our fence today. The entire time I wished I had this invention.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I can't help thinking I really need to invent this. I was carrying another large load and it was heavy, I put half the barrel on my belt and instantly lost half the weight I was carrying. Work smarter not harder right?