Vista (who's buying)

Only $398.89 for the full version of Ultimate from walmart :roll:

I too have been feeling slightly tempted... Although I think I'm gonna try to hold off to see how things go, plus if I upgrade I'll probably end up with Ultimate, just because I want remote desktop without having to use something like VNC.
Just go for it. I see all the news yesterday that you can no longer do a "clean reload" upgrade. You have to have windows installed for the upgrade instead of just verifying a cd. As much as i hate upgrading i just know its a matter of time. But i see they have released 22 updates for it already lol.
I don't want the crappy upgrade version. I want the full thing.
Knowing you, you will buy the Ultimate anyways. :abby:
Done and done!  :abby:

I have to ask, for the price of Ultimate what does it have and do that is worth that much? It better make my breakfast, wash my car, and anything else I want it o.

Man i looked at walmart prices, for the full i just may consider buying a OEM copy from newegg.

I have to ask, for the price of Ultimate what does it have and do that is worth that much? It better make my breakfast, wash my car, and anything else I want it o.
Ultimate is the version of Vista that isn't crippled in anyway.  Business edition is missing some home features, and the home ones are missing some business features.  My biggest pet peeve about the home editions is not having remote desktop server.  They can remote to other machines, but can't be remoted to.  If I go I'm going ultimate.At any rate microsoft's site that somewhat describes differences is at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/default.mspx

However I'd recommend looking at the site below for a quick view of the differences from version to version:

http://techgage.com/article/windows_vista_version_comparison

I just thought I'd mention that poor Office seems to be getting forgotten.  Office 2007 was also released today.  Any takers on that one...  ;-)

Well remote desktop would be nice i have to admit. Microsoft knew what they were doing so they would force you to upgrade. But one nice feature is you can upgrade anytime. You basically just do it online. Here the only reason why i am hesitant. I like to format my machine every once and awhile beacuse of testing software,drivers etc. I don't want to be calling in every reload to activate it. I'm sure you will get a couple of times the first time by online activation. But then after that its gonna be calling in all the time.

I just thought I'd mention that poor Office seems to be getting forgotten.  Office 2007 was also released today.  Any takers on that one...  ;-)
I heard they did a nice job on Office.

I really haven't done much research on Office 2007 at all.  If they managed to make improvements the way Office improved between 2000 and 2003 it'd possibly be worth it.  Maybe I'll get Ultimate and Office '07 and run it all on a Macbook...BTW newegg price of Vista Ultimate OEM = $199 for those who haven't already looked

I really haven't done much research on Office 2007 at all.  If they managed to make improvements the way Office improved between 2000 and 2003 it'd possibly be worth it.  Maybe I'll get Ultimate and Office '07 and run it all on a Macbook...BTW newegg price of Vista Ultimate OEM = $199 for those who haven't already looked
Ya i have been hearing all these reports on how Vista runs better on a MAC than even OSX lol.

Another reason i wanted retail over OEM, is because it has both the 32 and 64 bit version s on one disk.

No Macs EVER!
A theoretical question.  If it's an Apple computer (now having Intel) and it's running Windows, is it still a Mac?  of course I guess most likely so, considering I don't think you can possibly run strictly windows... just dual boot and choos between win or osx

No Macs EVER!
A theoretical question.  If it's an Apple computer (now having Intel) and it's running Windows, is it still a Mac?  of course I guess most likely so, considering I don't think you can possibly run strictly windows... just dual boot and choos between win or osx
True. I guess my dislike is towards mac OS.

No Macs EVER!
True. I guess my dislike is towards mac OS.
I want to experiment with OS X which is why now that I know I can run windows I've been tempted with a macbook as a laptop, of course, I could get a cracked version of OS X and run it on a tradional PC as well, but I really do like Apple's hardware and design.  They certainly don't fall short when it comes to that.

One of my main hate is for vista is i cant find anyway to remove windows media player or internet explorer like i could with xp.

One of my main hate is for vista is i cant find anyway to remove windows media player or internet explorer like i could with xp.
Good luck with that one.  I suppose eventually someone will come out with a way to strip the files out, but for now I'm betting the best you can find built in for removing them will just remove the icons. (Kinda like some other OS)

Well me and Corey went up and checked them out. I am really disappointed that you can't do a clean install with the upgrade or i would have probably bought it. Cool packaging though.

Came back to work and we got a pack with vista business on it. Im gonna upgrade my work machine with it BRB.

Back