Looking forward to my first SSD! Crucial

Junglist0682

Reaction score
I finally am jumping over to the SSD. I know I am late, but just yesterday I decided it was time to make the move. Below is the one I have chosen from Bestbuy, but they didn't have reviews. After using google I see that Newegg has pretty good reviews on it. Even TigerDirect was showing good reviews, (but Newegg had more reviews)

Nontheless I am going with Crucial.

I will be installing Windows 7 64bit on it along with very few applications. I decided to go with 256gigs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148820

Nice! You will be glad you did, should notice faster response rates on certain things that rely on hard drive processing (read/write). It's funny that I'm typing from an HP laptop with a 160GB Intel SSD that I got 5 and a half years ago during Christmas time with a nice coupon they had going. Still performing great with lots of use. Of course SSD drives have evolved a bit since then with much better performance.

Yup like @ryanator said above, once you go SSD you never go back.

Lately, I'm not a power user. I am mostly using the computer for YouTube. Even still, I think your change to SSD, like mine, will be more than likely transparent to you. Keep in mind you are safe Internet practices and if you stay away from the dark side or the seedy side of the Internet, you won't have to worry about viruses. Then you won't have to use tools that overwork your hard drive. Maintain good practices, start a backup plan. I'm looking forward to figuring out what is wrong with my laptop, so I can put an SSD Drive in there.

Back