Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

The disappearance of Ronald McDonald

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So after posting in another thread today it got me thinking. What ever happened to Ronald McDonald? It seems McDonalds has moved away from his image or any of the comic characters. Growing up him and the gang was always in all the commercials, had pictures of them in the restaurants, their faces on Happy Meals etc. He has now disappeared almost entirely except for people's memories or videos from Youtube. I even remember statues sitting on benches outside of McDonalds and their play rooms. So what happened? Was he a bad image for the company? Did he scare kids? Did The King from Burger King kill him?

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Wonder if it has anything to do with the negative press that clowns have been getting for quite sometime now?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Wonder if it has anything to do with the negative press that clowns have been getting for quite sometime now?
Ya I would consider this clown racism. Clowns were everywhere growing up. Carnivals, Circus, etc. There were even more companies that used them as Mascots as well. No one is sending in the clowns anymore. Clown lives matter!

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Didn't think of the bad press around clowns.  My immediate thought was maybe backlash like tobacco companies have over Joe Camel, Marlboro Man, etc - using "kid friendly" characters to some how entice kids toward  products that are terrible for you.