The average American has a credit card balance of $6,375

Davidc

Reaction score
When it comes to the dangers of high-interest credit card debt, Americans are savvier than ever. That hasn't stopped them from putting more on plastic than ever before.

The average American has a credit card balance of $6,375, up nearly 3 percent from last year, according to Experian's annual study on the state of credit and debt in America. Total credit card debt has reached its highest point ever, surpassing $1 trillion in 2017, according to a separate report by the Federal Reserve.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/credit-card-debt-hits-record-high.html

I owed a lot more than that at one time. I still use a CC for almost every purchase, but pay off the balance once a week or so to keep no balance

Credit cards are great. As long as you pay them off each month. Otherwise, trouble city. The worst kind of debt you can have.

Credit cards are great. As long as you pay them off each month. Otherwise, trouble city. The worst kind of debt you can have.
Yep can agree. Used to be in debt city before meeting my wife who got me straightened up. She is a huge saver and I a spender. Sports car, video games and whatever and I was at maxed out paying debt after debt pay check to pay check. So thankful she didn't let that be a factor in our relationship. I recall even worrying and asking her while we were dating and she said something along the lines of anyone else could be the same or worse financially and to stop worrying about it and bringing it up. Now debt free and pay off the card monthly no problem.

Filthy credit card companies. Predatory lending at it's worst. Usury.

Sports car, video games and whatever and I was at maxed out paying debt after debt pay check to pay check.
I miss that old guy. Always had the latest electronics, sports cars, banging Shreks.I also use a Credit Card, but mostly as a proxy so that nothing bad happens. Plus the benefits are nice. Like everyone says, just make sure to pay off before the due date.

Back