The beast is finished!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well got my new system put together last night. I love the new Sonata III case. Even my loud Raptor is nice and quiet. It has the perfect blue l.e.d.s on it. Not to bright and just the perfect size (tiny). The Core2duo is a beast to btw. Didn't get to mess with the system that much those because i had to tranfer 300 gigs of data over. But overall i am happy with the system, may need to fire back up bf2142 and try it out again. Maybe ill snap some pics of it this weekend.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
How's vista going?
So far so good, no real problems yet. I think i will switch over the the x64 version though.
I saw another post where you said you pass on vista because of the support for games.  Did your opinion change?
Yes actually. The word on the net is that windows XP still gets better frame rates though. I think Vista is slowly advancing. In fact recently a few games have come out (shadowrun i believe) that only work on Vista. I have been using Vista on my work system from the day it came out and have enjoyed it. My home experience had been a different story all together. But since i built a new system and some decent drivers have come out Vista isn't so bad. There are a few programs that almost made me switch back (VLC) for example, but with a little tweaking you can get it to support Vista. I am not going to let myself go back no matter what. After all what choice do we have. Billy boy has got us right where he wants us.