Russia and the North Pole

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So i have been hearing about Russia trying to claim the North Pole for their own lately. I guess for the oil. Then I also read last week about some prince guy that is the most oil rich country in the world, building two new nuclear plants. Do these people know something we don't? Are we running out of oil real fast? Is America gonna stand by and just let Russia claim the north for its own?

I wasn't aware that there was unclaimed territory at the north pole...we should claimed that a long time ago. 

I wasn't aware that there was unclaimed territory at the north pole...we should claimed that a long time ago. 
Under international law, the five states with territory inside the Arctic Circle ? Canada, Norway, Russia, the United States and Denmark via its control of Greenland ? have a 200-mile economic zone around the north of their coastline.But Russia is claiming a larger slice extending as far as the North Pole because, Moscow says, the Arctic seabed and Siberia are linked by the same continental shelf.

Here is Canada's response...

"This isn't the 15th century. You can't go around the world and just plant flags and say 'We're claiming this territory'," said Canadian Foreign Minister Peter MacKay.
Link

Here is Canada's response...

"This isn't the 15th century. You can't go around the world and just plant flags and say 'We're claiming this territory'," said Canadian Foreign Minister Peter MacKay.
Link
lol

If true, we better do something fast.

Back