Apple products and their iOS

So here is an update on the phone situation. So the rep last night told me to go down to our local Verizon store and just get a new one. So I walk in and excuse my French some big fat girl with dyed blue hair is at the counter and I try to talk to her, first off she hang her tongue pierced and you can't even understand here and she goes "sorry that I can't help you because were not a true Verizon store". I felt like saying you better take the huge Verizon store sign down out front then. So she won't even help me, I figured as much so I come back and get on chat again. The guy last night was helpful, the new guy not so much, finally I just called in and spoke to a lady and she was super helpful and they are overnighting me a new one. So I will have a new one tomorrow.

So here is an update on the phone situation. So the rep last night told me to go down to our local Verizon store and just get a new one. So I walk in and excuse my French some big fat girl with dyed blue hair is at the counter and I try to talk to her, first off she hang her tongue pierced and you can't even understand here and she goes "sorry that I can't help you because were not a true Verizon store". I felt like saying you better take the huge Verizon store sign down out front then. So she won't even help me, I figured as much so I come back and get on chat again. The guy last night was helpful, the new guy not so much, finally I just called in and spoke to a lady and she was super helpful and they are overnighting me a new one. So I will have a new one tomorrow.
I wonder if you'll get it tomorrow? The U.S Postal Service is closed tomorrow due to honoring George HW Bush. Some federal agencies are closed as well. My wife has tomorrow off. Not sure about UPS, Fed Ex, etc.....

Fedex no problem, lady said I should have before 10 a.m.

New update out thanks @jmanz .

Well got my phone tonight and this one works! :) Anyways Apples transfer technology worked flawless. Phone is so large compared to my old one, and so fast and crisp. My favorite feature is Face id, go ahead NSA and put my face on file for the flawless easy of unlocking everything. (y)

Well got my phone tonight and this one works! :) Anyways Apples transfer technology worked flawless. Phone is so large compared to my old one, and so fast and crisp. My favorite feature is Face id, go ahead NSA and put my face on file for the flawless easy of unlocking everything. (y)
And the screen didn't crack when you used Face id? Must be a good phone.

Looks like the Xs aren't selling to well.

yhbDSWK.jpg

Apple might relocate iPhone production to another country

The U.S. is currently in the midst of reforming its laws regarding tariffs on imports from China. At the moment, Apple remains unaffected by these heated trade sanctions. However, if U.S. President Donald Trump decides to increase tariffs on smartphones, Apple officials have disclosed that the company might need to move production operations outside of China, since a large portion of iPhones is manufactured by the Cupertino giant's Chinese partner companies.Although these new tariffs are yet to be implemented, Apple has already come up with a list of possible candidate countries to shift operations for other products. For now, it is waiting for Trump to make the next move. In a statement made to The Wall Street Journal last month, the U.S. President disclosed that goods produced in China had a high likelihood of being charged with raised tariffs, including laptops and smartphones, and the percentage would probably be set between 10 and 25 percent.

Apple employees have stated that the company does not plan on making any changes to its existing model if the tariff is raised to 10%. However, should it increase to 25%, the firm will be forced to reconsider. According to Bloomberg, a 10% raise can cause a decline of $1 in earnings-per-share, whereas a 25% increase is likely to cause a more dramatic EPS drop of $2.50.

Did Apple ever complete that other big UFO looking one that they had been working on in California I believe?

Did Apple ever complete that other big UFO looking one that they had been working on in California I believe?
I think so. Isn't that where they have their product releases?

I think Apple learned a hard lesson with their high prices, but I have to laugh how they are blaming their slump on repairs instead.

New update out.

My boss is starting to regret not signing into iCloud. His wife is paranoid about data being stored on the cloud so she wont let him use it. But now he has shattered his screen, so I have spent my morning trying to get his data. :rolleyes:

I've been reading all over that ios 12 actually improves performance in older phones (5S, 6, 6S), unlike prior major versions which slowed them down. How has anyone else's experience been with it? How is the battery life?

Well that's a first if Apple did that. I just have the XR and my battery life is phenomenal. So I can't really give input, hopefully another member will.

Back