No more ATI?

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like AMD will drop the ATI logo and name.

READ

That's ok, I never liked the ATI name anyhow. I like AMD, but I'll be sticking to nVidia for my gfx for a while I'm quite sure.

That's ok' date=' I never liked the ATI name anyhow. I like AMD, but I'll be sticking to nVidia for my gfx for a while I'm quite sure.[/quote']Agreed, I wish it was Nvidia that they bought. Then it would be a match made in heaven. But I think Nvidia is too big of a company by themselves.

That's ok' date=' I never liked the ATI name anyhow. I like AMD, but I'll be sticking to nVidia for my gfx for a while I'm quite sure.[/quote']Agreed, I wish it was Nvidia that they bought. Then it would be a match made in heaven. But I think Nvidia is too big of a company by themselves.
Exactly, nVidia and AMD would be one hell of a merger, especially considering how well the nForce chipsets complement the AMD architecture, but as you said, I don't think AMD could've bought them out, the only possibility would've been some form of corporate partnership... maybe

ATI provided competition which made Nvidia better (quality and price). From that perspective, one might appreciate ATI.

ATI provided competition which made Nvidia better (quality and price). From that perspective' date=' one might appreciate ATI.[/quote']Yes, but Nvidia will still have competition, and IMO continue to rule the roost, so to speak.

ATI provided competition which made Nvidia better (quality and price). From that perspective' date=' one might appreciate ATI.[/quote']Yes, but Nvidia will still have competition, and IMO continue to rule the roost, so to speak.
I just want you to spread the love around sir.

No love for ATI.

No love for ATI.
Use to have love for ATI, until they game out with crap drivers.

I guess i really have no problems with ATI, but I will always buy Nvidia simply because of their unified driver and they work much better with *nix distros.

Back