Let's talk Legos

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who misses this wonderful toy? I loved these growing up. I had so many sets. It seems like nowadays they are so expensive just for a little box. And they seem to make them less quality. But I remember the days of the pirate sets, or the robin hood sets, etc. The techniques sets were cool also.

Legos were awesome. I never had many of the sets, just a bunch of colored blocks. I did have some diagrams for ideas of things to be made, but was mainly left to construct my own creations. I remember my grandparents had some from when my Dad was a kid that were awesome, had swiveling parts, hinged pieces, motorized pieces.

Legos were and still are awesome. I still want those big pirate ships.

Legos were and still are awesome. I still want those big pirate ships.
I had one of them, cost me like $80. I spent all my birthday money on it.

legos were one of the best toys ever. I still have probably 30 sets (with instructions), boxed up seperately.

legos were one of the best toys ever. I still have probably 30 sets (with instructions)' date=' boxed up seperately.[/quote']Gives.

I have always loved Legos, I miss all the old sets that I use to have. I just ordered this massive beast because it has been in my cart since the beginning of the year and I was waiting for it to come on sale. I want to build it with my daughter. Anyone else like Lego sets?

91ZeEoyc6JL._SL1500_.jpg

Legos you say? I got that set a while back when Amazon had a nice sale on it. Same for the Ghostbusters garage/house set. Really want the original Ecto 1 to go with it but hard to find. Have a lot of other nice sets to go with all my old ones I had as a kid which are great to hand down and build with son.

He kind of has lost interest though. I mean he likes to build them if we get them but after that it's to the shelf or storage and then collect dust.

Must thank you again for the ones you gave me a long time back when you moved along with the large collection of games.

Must thank you again for the ones you gave me a long time back when you moved along with the large collection of games.
I forgot about that. Well I knew that you had a boy, I don't. They weren't doing me any good. I have bought a few small sets for my daughter, but as a girl she just doesn't seem all that interested in them. This rocket is more about the time together spending putting it together, and in a way probably more for me. It is large when it's assembled.F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FUxtUrloLlm8%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg

Yup...

91TfxFeRIfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Saw this in a store today and I have to admit it was pretty awesome, but at $200 it is quite expensive.

91cYngfGUfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So my last Lego build I was missing one piece. It's like they put the wrong piece in. The one I needed had holes and the left over piece was solid. Anyways I went online filled out a small form and they sent me one in the mail. Great customer service. I didn't even have to speak to anyone.

So my last Lego build I was missing one piece. It's like they put the wrong piece in. The one I needed had holes and the left over piece was solid. Anyways I went online filled out a small form and they sent me one in the mail. Great customer service. I didn't even have to speak to anyone.
Good to know they have a great customer care policy on that. I was wondering if you ever 3D printed your own? Seems like if you are ever in a bind or broke an older piece that you can't get anymore, 3D printing one would suffice (though would take away from it's original state).

I was wondering if you ever 3D printed your own?
I haven't yet, but yes there are. There are quite a few parts that you can order what bricks you want. Then there are custom Lego sites where people create their own kits and you can purchase the plans along with all the pieces that you need.

https://rebrickable.com/

The Iron Giant is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

So started putting the rocket together about 4 nights ago, We are trying to finish one bag set per night. We are just one the lower stage rocket at this point and it's huge. This thing is going to be massive when it's finished.

Finished the rocket last night. Can't believe how huge it is. It was a fun build. The had some complexity in the second booster. I highly recommend it for your collection.

The Mandalorian officially announced.

9vipbmu3t3i41.jpg

Back