What's new
Fluxoid forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survival games popularity

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
I have noticed that the two top selling games on Steam both DayZ and Rust and both Survival games. They both basically put you in an open would and let you survive. Pretty simple. I also find it interesting on how these are both basically Beta games that are still being developed. I wonder if this will be a whole new genre?

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
LOL just read this review of Rust on Steam.

I love this game, I built a house around a guys house and made him my prisoner, I fed him cans of tuna and cooked chicken when it was available, and some times I would drop in spare logs of wood(when they were available). The best part. he talks to me, keeps telling me his clans going to raid my structure and save him.. I simply respond with .” It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again” and by hose I mean I dump charcoal on him.

-Great game hope the servers come up soon, I think my pet may need to eat.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
I think betas are kinda neat. I've never been a very good participant in a beta. I sent a few suggestions/bug reports for the iOS game Joan.

Joan breaks out of prison and has to run right, to live
With the active funding during development, I think it gives a people a sense of, "that looks fun to me, I get to play early, and maybe my funding will make it a reality"

During the winter sale, I got in on SpeedRunners. That is fun.

There are 4 early access games I am interested in:

Assetto Corsa

Kerbal Space Program

Next Car Game

Mercenary Kings

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
With the active funding during development, I think it gives a people a sense of, "that looks fun to me, I get to play early, and maybe my funding will make it a reality"
I think there is a change in games. People like to be a part of things now. Alot of people like challenging games. I mean look at WoW. They lost alot of players because of changes to the game to make it easier. People like to be challenged.

Top Bottom