Forcefield technology

I'm not 100% sure where I saw this before, I believe it was on one of the Discovery or History channel shows... maybe I just ran across it on the web and am confused... at any rate it's interesting to see these advances in defense technologies...

Not sure this is the right place for this but its kind of the same. I was watching the discovery channel on night and it was about body armor. The biggest drawback to body armor that works is its heavy and hard to move in, well they have come up with a new armor that is very thin and light. It is made of a gel type material and is soft and flexible but when a sudden force is applied to it such as a bullet strike the soft gel like material becomes instantly hard as steel and as soon as the energy has dissipated it goes back to its soft gel like state.

Not sure this is the right place for this but its kind of the same. I was watching the discovery channel on night and it was about body armor. The biggest drawback to body armor that works is its heavy and hard to move in' date=' well they have come up with a new armor that is very thin and light. It is made of a gel type material and is soft and flexible but when a sudden force is applied to it such as a bullet strike the soft gel like material becomes instantly hard as steel and as soon as the energy has dissipated it goes back to its soft gel like state.[/quote']Very interesting idea. Found a couple sites about similar if not the same technology.LINK

LINK

Here is a video on it.

Back