Core Con 7

WayneKerr

Reaction score
I went to Core Con 7 on Saturday. I watched 3 dudes play Warhammer 40K Apocalypse. It was nuts. I came in the front door of the hotel, opposite the side of the registration. So I watched them play for about 2 hours before one of the local game shops brought in subway sandwiches; then I felt obligated to register so I could eat a sandwich.

After the lunch break, they offered to let me play the Dark Angels units. That was neat, because I got a sense of the rules, when to roll, that sort of thing.

6 hours into this game...ending turn 2. Ridiculous isn't even the word. But that is Apocalypse aparently. A rule book, Imperial Armour Apocalypse book. Crazy. There were plenty of other things to look at.

Lots of stuff for sale. I met one of the dudes from the badlands store in the vendors section. There were a lot of people selling polished rocks as powered gemstones. Face painters. No one was doing art that I noticed.

There were lots of people dressed up - I know its called cosplay, but Saturday morning/afternoon there wasn't a large enough volume of people doing it to really call it that. Just enough to call it dressing up.

Someone had a homebrew Fallout game. It was crazy. He had a nuclear mushroom cloud that rotated at the top with the Fallout logo. He was just a dude though; probably didn't have permission to use the logo or any other ip.

There was a dude playing the robotech game too. He had 2 tables pushed together. I didn't see if he had any miniatures like Warhammer, or if was just the cardboard buildings and they used tokens.

There were 2 rooms with just about every console, even the generic nintendo replay. The idea was to check out a game and walk over to the console. I didn't see a Xbox One, but I did see a PS4.

The also had a 5 state regional X wing Armada game/tournament being broadcasted on Twitch hosted at Paradox games. I think they had a room there to play X wing too.

Looking back, I'd like to have tried a few more games. Next time I suppose.

Sounds like it was fun, and at least something to do.

It was $30 to get in. But if you stayed long enough you were bound to pay some money to a vendor. I had already bought my Warhammer stuff in the AM and I didn't find anything quite to play with my kids so I didn't buy anything there.

In the vendor section, there was someone trying to sell their left over bits. I thought the prices were too or I might have bought some of them. Almost bought a few books. *shrug*

The thing is there were games on every level. Board, Cards, Console, Dice, PC. There was even a gal in a one piece suit handing out her dominatrix business card.

There was even a gal in a one piece suit handing out her dominatrix business card.
Whoa wait what? :eek:

Back