All things related to the Xbox platforms

E3 conference now. Backward compatibility announced. Play your 360 games (disc based or digital) on the Xbox One !!!
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!??!

So here is the question, where is all the Kinect stuff? Microsoft sure swept that under the rug.

I see Amazon finally has it listed. But dam why does it have to come with Gaylo?

I'm excited for the controller. I have seriously considered a SCUF controller, but they aren't really carried in stores, so could never try one before buying. So for nothing else, I'm excited this one should be in normal stores and I can at least get hands on a bit. I suspect it will cost a pretty penny though, plus then purchasing whatever other options you may choose for modifications to it.

I see Amazon finally has it listed. But dam why does it have to come with Gaylo?
You confuse me. So you are looking for the console now? Why do you care if it has Halo? Would you rather it had no game with it? If you want something else you'll probably have to wait until fall when some new MS published games are available for them to package in it, or find an older bundle that was licensed to get something like the CoD edition (also a 1TB drive).

You confuse me. So you are looking for the console now? Why do you care if it has Halo? Would you rather it had no game with it? If you want something else you'll probably have to wait until fall when some new MS published games are available for them to package in it, or find an older bundle that was licensed to get something like the CoD edition (also a 1TB drive).
If I got one I would rather have some other game. Just anything besides this.

Backward compatibility. DISCLAIMER in case someone missed it, this feature will be generally available on all consoles this fall. There are some available today but only to members in the Xbox Preview program testing the newest updates before general availability. They have 100+ games slated to be ready by this holiday season, but today (for those in preview program) there are 21 compatible titles.

The full list of games today for preview members is here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/

If you have an X1, are not currently in preview but want to join, I might be able to help out with that. Just keep in mind this means more frequent updates for the console and you know, sometimes some beta quality stuff.

Backward compatibility. DISCLAIMER in case someone missed it, this feature will be generally available on all consoles this fall. There are some available today but only to members in the Xbox Preview program testing the newest updates before general availability. They have 100+ games slated to be ready by this holiday season, but today (for those in preview program) there are 21 compatible titles.The full list of games today for preview members is here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/If you have an X1, are not currently in preview but want to join, I might be able to help out with that. Just keep in mind this means more frequent updates for the console and you know, sometimes some beta quality stuff.
Sign me up. Oh wait... :(

Now I'm just waiting to see what Sony has up their sleeves as far as features. I think most game announcements and such have leaked to this point, so I don't expect many surprises there from anyone. Too bad their presser isn't until later in the evening, so it will be late tonight or tomorrow before I catch up on them.

If you have an X1, are not currently in preview but want to join, I might be able to help out with that. Just keep in mind this means more frequent updates for the console and you know, sometimes some beta quality stuff.
I wouldn't mind trying that out

I agree with him. Xbox wins this year!

Last edited by a moderator:
MS so far has had the best showing but overall the whole show has been underwhelming.

It's only been a couple years @C Pav - can't be announcing new consoles already ;)

So is it worth getting the 1 terabyte model? It's an extra $50 and Amazon has this model that comes with an extra controller + 3 months live. What would you recommend?

So is it worth getting the 1 terabyte model? It's an extra $50 and Amazon has this model that comes with an extra controller + 3 months live. What would you recommend?
I know you don't like Halo(weirdo) but for the larger drive and an extra controller as well as 3 months live I say it's a good deal. You can always sell the Halo.

I know you don't like Halo(weirdo) but for the larger drive and an extra controller as well as 3 months live I say it's a good deal. You can always sell the Halo.
No those are two separate deals. The 1 terabyte comes with Halo and is $50 more. The other deal comes with the other stuff and is $50 less.

I see this deal is going on at the Microsoft store. But I would rather get off of Amazon.

You can always connect an external USB 3 drive to add storage if you want. It's mostly what you want I guess. Is the drive itself worth it? Up to you. If the 1TB model comes with the newer controller (has built in 3.5mm jack) take that into consideration as well, as I think there are other internal improvements in those controllers as well.

Back