Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Stroopwafel

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I keep seeing these and have been wanting to try them so I picked up a box. I believe you just make a cup of coffee and lay the wafer on top of it and the heat from the coffee is suppose to melt the caramel inside. Has anyone tried one yet? I think @jmanz told me he did, if so how did you like it?

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Yeah they are good. I picked up a couple boxes one time a few months ago. I haven't bought any since but they were a nice treat.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Had some last winter. Costco occasionally has a massive box of them on sale, like 40 of the wafels for $8 or $9 when on sale. In fact, I think they were in last months sales that just ended yesterday. I know we looked for them because the box from last winter was actually gone, but they seemed to be sold out.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator

Ya tried one this morning, and I didn't like them. Not what I expected at all.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Were you expecting thicker caramel layer in them? Saw the big box was back at Costco and ended up with one in the cart yesterday, with temps getting colder again they will go nicely with increased warm beverage consumption.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Were you expecting thicker caramel layer in them? Saw the big box was back at Costco and ended up with one in the cart yesterday, with temps getting colder again they will go nicely with increased warm beverage consumption.
I was, at least that is the way the cover shows. I though the waffle portion was pretty flavorless.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I was, at least that is the way the cover shows. I though the waffle portion was pretty flavorless.
It's just waffle cone sandwiching a thin layer of caramel. From the pic on the box I can see where people expect more caramel than is in most of them. I have had a few where some machine must have been off and the caramel layer was thicker, which also made the whole thing a lot softer