CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Carbine

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GetDynamicImage.aspx

Thompson 1927A-1 "Deluxe Semi-Auto"

MSRP: $1,505.00

All the classic details of the time honored original are reproduced in today's semi-auto Thompson. The frame and receiver are machined from solid steel or aluminum. The wood is genuine American walnut. This .45 caliber carbine features a 16 1/2" finned barrel, compensator and is available with a blued steel receiver or a lighter weight aluminum receiver. This configuration is our most popular.

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/

The Scorpion Evo is definitely the one to get if looking at a SMG/PDW (small "machine" gun or personal defense weapon), rivals the classic MP5 in performance and reliability.

The one you pictured above is considered an SBR with just the stock so I would suggest to buy just the pistol stockless version and put a brace on.  I like Gear Head Works version (doesn't have the ugly strap as a brace).  CZ is coming out with this next year (using a strapped brace):

oldingBraceCarbineHandguard_L-image1-1512410909_tn.jpg

The handrail is extended with the purpose that you would put a silencer on it, but that's another stamp needed (long process and puts you on the list).  These guns are very nice to silence since 9mm has many options for that purpose.  Otherwise, just get the regular version with shorter handrail and put the folding adapter on with the Gear Head Works tailhook in aluminum (the one on the bottom).

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/15747517_10210427069807311_7743424727897054319_n.jpg

I like those even better @ryanator. The folding stocks make them so much nicer. I am going to look these up right now.

I really like the Kriss Vector, but I think you have to get a stamp for that.

sdp-brace-black.png

I really like the Kriss Vector, but I think you have to get a stamp for that.
sdp-brace-black.png
No stamp needed, that stock has a brace (look at the strap).  Gear Head Works I believe has their tailhook adapter for that too.  These are decent guns, but would go with the Scorpion before that in 9mm.

Thanks a lot @ryanator now you got me wanting one. Plus they make it in a flat earth color. This isn't going to be good.

So @ryanator is it no legal to add a stock to these? Is that what makes it illegal a should stock? Or does it not matter?

Look for pistol braces.   The brace is NFA approved and now they lightened up the rule about shouldering it, you now can.  If a "real" stock is added to a pistol (gun with barrel under 16 inches), then it's considered a short barrel rifle, which is an NFA restricted item.  It's $200, 9-12 month wait, and you have restrictions to not cross state borders with it in a sbr configuration, and so on.

So is the one on top not legal then since it's not a pistol brace?
Correct.  Easy route is just go with the tailhook on bottom.The second picture, no that's considered a stock because of the recoil/butt pad.  The braces have a open end where your arm can go through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wonder how accurate they are? Granted its a close combat style gun. I would like to see someone like hickok45 review it on his Youtube videos. But again I think if your getting something like this the accuracy is going to be in pistol range. But from everything you have read @ryanator they seem to be the one brand to get in a 9mm version?

For the gun class, they are very accurate.  All smg like guns are a close quarter combat, home defense weapon, good up to 100-150 yards.  There are many video reviews on this, I would not hesitate to get this is you want a smg/pdw.

Back