Stop the bleeding

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I'm sure Ludacris will like this one...

Stop bleeding within just 15 seconds
Seems Unbelievable, isn't it??

Researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and University of Hong Kong seem to have found an amazing liquid that can stop bleeding anywhere in the body within 15 seconds!!!

The researchers published their findings in the journal "Nanomedicine." They explained how they tested the liquid on wounds in various parts of hamsters and rats -- brain, spinal cord, liver, intestine and skin. Each time, the wound stopped bleeding in about 15 seconds.

According to a researcher, this liquid looks like water, and you can put it anywhere there is a cut or bleeding, and it stops the bleeding without a clot.

Researchers are confident that this liquid can be very important in emergency medical situations because of the speed of its action. It may also help in reducing infections.

The researchers may have discovered the liquid by accident and still studying its mechanism.

Isn't this an amazing discovery? Do you think this will have many benefits?
More here...

LINK

Ludacris

Fluxoid's Doctor
Members
I wonder if that's to be used outside of the body, or if it can be used intravenous.  Seems that there would be a bunch of complications if it was to be used intravenous.  However, if it makes my job easier, I'm all for it.  All though, it'll probably end up costing 20,000 dollars.  I gave a medication one time that cost 16,000 dollars.  (Want to be carefull with that one, don't want to have to waste it)

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
I wonder if that's to be used outside of the body, or if it can be used intravenous.  Seems that there would be a bunch of complications if it was to be used intravenous.  However, if it makes my job easier, I'm all for it.  All though, it'll probably end up costing 20,000 dollars.  I gave a medication one time that cost 16,000 dollars.  (Want to be carefull with that one, don't want to have to waste it)
Spendy stuff. If we had socialized medicine a feller would not receive the costly stuff eh?

Ludacris

Fluxoid's Doctor
Members
Not necessarily, it might still cost that much.  Only difference is the government would help pay some of that cost.  However, sociallized medicine takes alot longer to get the care that a person needs.  I don't really think that alone is the answer to our health care problems.  Being more sociallized would help, but I don't think a primarily socilized system would "fix" things.

Spendy stuff. If we had socialized medicine a feller would not receive the costly stuff eh?