I hate voicemails

C Pav

Reaction score
Not a fan of voicemails. Leaving them or receiving them.

First leaving them. I hardly pay attention to the automated voice with the instructions on what to do when I finish with the message so once I am done recording I end up guessing by pressing #. If it does nothing then I try another number hoping to hear "If you are satisfied with you message, press 1" or whatever it is meaning you got it right. If I get it right the first try then F YEAH!.

But then I feel like I sounded like an idiot or messed up but usually don't care unless I really mess up then I hag up and try again because I don't know what option it is to re-record the message. Oh but have a lot of information to leave? Too bad since voicemails can only be a certain length but it doesn't let you know that. You find out when, and if, they call you back and when you ask them if they got the message they let you know it got cut off.

Next is receiving them. Our system is terrible. I access it then need my password. I then have to listen to the automated voice EVERYTIME on what to press to access new messages. I already know I want to hear new messages but if I press 1 to quickly get to next it does not advance it until it is done talking. "If you want to hear...*1*...new messages press 1". Really? then I have to press 1 again. Then I have to hear the voice give me the time, date and number that called of the message before I hear it. Once done I have to decide to save or delete but let's be real, we need to replay it 4 times to write down the number they left to call them back.

I like leaving voicemails for people. I really don't want to talk to the person in the first place for work, so as it's ringing I always say to myself "please kick on, please kick on". That way I can just leave a message and not speak with someone. At the same time, I hate it when someone leaves me a voicemail on my phone. I am so lazy that it is just to much trouble going in and listening to it. What makes me mad is when someone leaves you a voice mail because they were to lazy to hangup before it kicks on and just leaves static. This isn't the 90's where I can screen your call, you either leave a message or hang up before it gets past the beep. I ain't got time for that, and I don't need that kinda of negativity in my life.

Need some new systems somewhere. I am a fan of voicemail. Typically I will not answer my phone for an unknown number - so leave a voicemail or we'll never talk if I don't already know who you are.

On cell, visual voicemail is great, pick the message, listen, has a sometimes decent transcription. For me work is the same. See a list of them if I have them and can listen. Get an email with a transcription of each one.

Need some new systems somewhere. I am a fan of voicemail. Typically I will not answer my phone for an unknown number - so leave a voicemail or we'll never talk if I don't already know who you are.On cell, visual voicemail is great, pick the message, listen, has a sometimes decent transcription. For me work is the same. See a list of them if I have them and can listen. Get an email with a transcription of each one.
You didn't like voicemail very much when Dave would give you the pissed off people to call back. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back