Lets discuss Barbecuers

Good my pellets stocked up for @jmanz visit.

pellets3.jpg

Well my Traeger is about to get a work out in the upcoming week I can tell.

The neighbors will assume a Yellowstone volcano.

We didn't get to use it as much as anticipated, but made another batch of jerky, along with some mean chicken.

We will see what happens today @jmanz :rolleyes:

Got er done. Scheels has a Traeger sale ongoing so I decided to pick up one of the 22 series. Did some chicken on there last night and some hot dogs in honor of @nodle . I've got some baby back ribs in the fridge for next time.

Did you get any accessories @jmanz ?

Did you get any accessories @jmanz ?
Not much to speak of yet. Just some of the foil lining stuff for the bottom of the grill and bucket. The shelf wasn't on sale so I'm going to wait.

The shelf wasn't on sale so I'm going to wait.
Let me tell you Traegers are the Apple of the barbecue world. While the machines themselves go on sale, their accessories never do.

Let me tell you Traegers are the Apple of the barbecue world. While the machines themselves go on sale, their accessories never do.
I'll let you know when I see one again. There was just a sale a few weeks ago but I didn't need to worry about it then. The shelf to set plates on is really the only thing I want at the moment.

Son you know what you need...

18671223_10155382320199521_1853788639966222450_n.jpg

@jmanz , when are you gonna try your hand at jerky?

@jmanz , when are you gonna try your hand at jerky?
I forgot about that. Yeah need to try jerky. Probably will try some shrimp on it soon, we had steaks last night. I think I'm going to pick up the "insulation blanket" for winter.

I forgot about that. Yeah need to try jerky. Probably will try some shrimp on it soon, we had steaks last night. I think I'm going to pick up the "insulation blanket" for winter.
Shrimp sounds great, some large jumbo ones.

So a word of advice since I learned the hard way. Empty your hopper out with old pellets. Don't store them in there they soak up humidity and don't burn very well.

So a word of advice since I learned the hard way. Empty your hopper out with old pellets. Don't store them in there they soak up humidity and don't burn very well.
Or just use your smoker every now and then and you won't have to worry about that problem.

I cooked out on Sunday as well (even though it was super windy and super cold) and I think I burnt though all my old pellets, because the Treager came up to temp way faster this time and actually got close to my set temp even in the cold.

Almost forgot, I bought a different brand of pellets time time. Treagers are overpriced and you are just paying for the name. As long as they say 100% real hardwood with no fillers you should be just fine.

Did some chicken over the weekend. Pretty simple recipe, smoke for 1 hour, turn up to 350 cook for another hour. Not to bad @jmanz .

Back