What is really happening in Antarctica?

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's discuss Antartica. Now this might get wierd but bear with me. First off lets start off by what we know about it, or should I say what "we think" we know, or what we are "taught" to know. Has anyone ever been to Antarctica? Or does anyone know anyone that has? All that we have been taught about it is that is a cold and dangerous place, and that its almost impossible to travel to. Now here is where it's gonna start to get wierd. What if it is really not? I mean as far as we it could be a nice green land with temperatures close to our own North Dakota. All that we are feed is photos of this cold landscape and are constantly told by television, radio, magazines etc. that is it deathly cold with nothing but penguins. Basically we take someone elses word for it. I mean if we were feed all our lives that the earth is flat, well we would believe it. Have you ever tried to look up anything on Antarctica on the internet? Notice the lack of content? How about ever tried to travel there before? Notice that is is almost near impossible for an average citizen to go there unless you are military?*Hint*hint*. Still with me? Good now let's continue. There is another post which I posted here awhile ago that details the account of "Operation Highjump". You really need to read it to understand why I think this way. The Nazi's visited Antarctica on one of their expeditions to the country and said how green and luscious the country side was. Where I got the North Dakota temperature thing was from another quote from a vistior there from another article, saying how the summers are nice there and it's winters are like that of North Dakota's. The Nazi's also said it was in abundance with hot springs. Now this goes against everything we have been told. I mean sounds to me like normal living conditions. So now why are we told so much to stay away from there? Why all the hush hush or scare tatics to keep people out of there? Why did we send such a huge army down there during "Operation highjump" Only to have our ships come back in defeat? I have alot more opinions on what is really going on down there, but that is for another post in due time. I would really recommend the article that I am going to post down below. When you get bored one night and you need something to do sit down and read it. No it's not made up either it really happened, it's just they try to keep it hush,hush, until someone leaked out a postage stamp from Antarctica. What's that you say? "A post office in Antarctica?" Yup it's try they have the stamps to prove it. Anyways read up on it and also check out "Lake Vostok" when you get a chance, it has to do with alot that is happening down there right now. More to come later, if your still with me...

Promised links below:

http://www.fluxoid.com/viewtopic.php?t=12

Last edited by a moderator:
can't wait to hear more thoughts on this. Will check out link when I get a chance.

History channel had a deal on this. Fascinatinng.

Really? Can you explain more? I just got up real early and wrote on it. I guess it was just on my mind.

Really? Can you explain more? I just got up real early and wrote on it. I guess it was just on my mind.
Oh wait, I am mistaken. It wasn't the history channel. It was somewhere else and I can't remember where.

Oh wait' date=' I am mistaken. It wasn't the history channel. It was somewhere else and I can't remember where.[/quote']Maybe from the shadow people? :tinfoil:

Oh wait' date=' I am mistaken. It wasn't the history channel. It was somewhere else and I can't remember where.[/quote']Maybe from the shadow people? :tinfoil:
Yup the shads.

after reading more about this, i can't wait to see what they find. The icebreaker sounds pretty cool though.

International Space Mapping of Lake Vostok Overridden by NSA

SPACE MAPPING MISSION OF ANTARCTICA ABORTED DUE TO NSA OVER-RIDE

In a brief announcment today, NASA and the JPL terminated all further study of Lake Vostok in S. Antarctica. In an apparent slip of confidentiality, spokeswoman Debra Shingteller alluded to "National Security Issues" allowing the NSA to assume full control of what had been an International effort to explore a huge, under-ice lake near the Russian Vostok research station. Ms. Shingteller was immediately led away from the podium, and an aid responded to the many further questions with the same answer: "the project has been halted due to environmental issues", and that no further releases were pending. The large crowd of press corp. were left clamoring as the officials left the stage. Ms. Shingteller has not responded to repeated attempts at contact.

The above is a report from an official JPL PR rep. who attended the announcement. The following is part of a letter written to an editor of Scientific American Magazine (who has requested anonimity). The linked photo at the end was released by NASA in Jan 2001 seemingly by mistake. It is no longer available from the official archive.

Approximately 300 miles from the South Pole there is a lake, a very large lake. It is Lake Vostok. It is also located over 3/4 mile beneath the Continental Ice Sheet. The best photos of Lk Vostok are from space, where the outline is clearly visible. Current ice-penetrating radar studies indicate that the water is up to 2000 ft deep in places, and has an over-arching dome up to 1/2 mile high. Estimates for filtered light at the lake surface indicate something like "continuous first morning light" during Antarctica's summer months. Thermograph imaging proposes an amazing 50-degree average water temperature with "hot spots" near 65 degrees. This can only be attributed to subsurface geothermal heat sources. At 300 miles long, and 50 miles wide, the encapsulated atmosphere should have the ability to cleanse itself through interaction with the lake, and possibly... plant life.

Also proposed as a possible route for atmospheric interaction with the lake's environment are what are being labeled "geothermal boils". These are thousands of bubbles in the ice sheet located in the some 200 sq. miles of "ice dunes" discovered by the late Russian scientist Ivan Toskovoi who was stationed at Vostok research base until his disappearance in March 2000. The surveyed bubbles range from a few to several hundred feet in diameter.

Quite possibly just as exciting as all of the data related so far, is the discovery through Magnetic Imaging that there is an extremely powerful source of magnetic energy located at the North end of the lake's shoreline. As of this writing, no one has suggested an explanation for the magnetic "anomaly".

As recently as February 2000, at least two international teams were planning separate probes of the lake. Both consisted of fairly similar robotic sensors that would have been lowered through shafts(to be drilled). The team based at Cambridge University, London were sponsored by the UK and US governments, and backed by NASA technology. For reasons not clear, both programs have been shelved indefinitely, with NASA going so far as to deny any involvement, and both governments citing "environmental concerns". An independent source that visited Norway's research base some 150 miles to the East stated that a large amount of new equipment and personnel have been arriving at Russia's Vostok Station over the last six months. This is interesting considering Russia's current financial situation.

A final note is a verified dispatch out of Casey Station(AU). The pair of women adventurers who were attempting to ski across the continent last month, and were extracted by plane during the last leg of their trip, did NOT request the intervention. Over the protests of the Australian crew at Casey, the two were airlifted via an extraordinary 48 hour flight by a USN Special Forces team out of American Samoa. According to the dispatch the women were insistent on reporting something unusual they had seen. The latest news reports have the pair resting in "seclusion".

In 1929, a group of historians found an amazing map drawn on a gazelle skin.

Research showed that it was a genuine document drawn in 1513 by Piri Reis, a famous admiral of the Turkish fleet in the sixteenth century.

His passion was cartography. His high rank within the Turkish navy allowed him to have a privileged access to the Imperial Library of Constantinople.

The Turkish admiral admits in a series of notes on the map that he compiled and copied the data from a large number of source maps, some of which dated back to the fourth century BC or earlier.

The Controversy

The Piri Reis map shows the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and the northern coast of Antarctica. The northern coastline of Antarctica is perfectly detailed. The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC.

According to the map it looks like there is all sorts of life on the continent.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2033/pirinc5.jpg

Back