Something no one likes to talk about

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Death. No one likes to talk about it but, everyone eventually gets there. It could come at any time. Doesn't matter if you are rich or poor. It still comes anyway. 

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Same reason I don't have it on my driver's license, either. I've told my family that after I am good and dead, THEN and only THEN can they come for what is left of me. I've heard horror stories. They tried to do that to my sister in law, back in May. They said that she was brain dead, and to take her off of life support, but I had had a dream, the night before, where I had heard her voice telling me to give her 13 days to recover. I told my brother, the next day, so he told the doctor to give her 13 days. She came out of her coma 10 days later, and left the hospital on day 13.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Jennifer Hamann owes her life to her completely unreasonable husband. Jenny had been diagnosed with epilepsy at 25. Medication prescribed for an unrelated illness turned out to be contraindicated for epilepsy, and it triggered her first grand mal seizures. Twice she was resuscitated, and she was left comatose.

Doctors were eager to harvest her organs, but Jenny was not brain dead. After three weeks she woke up. Over the next year she fully recovered. Afterward she became a nurse, inspired during the coma by some of the nurses who cared for her. “I was the recipient of good nursing care and not so good,” she said. “I wanted to be one of the good ones.”

To the not-so-good ones, “I wasn’t a person,” she said. “I was a body they were forced to take care of.” She heard a nurse call for help to “turn this thing,” and a doctor called her a “young, healthy specimen.”

Jenny’s experience is not unique. The sanctity of human life is on a collision course with the medical community’s willingness—even eagerness—to declare a patient brain dead and harvest his or her organs. In the US, organ donation led to 28,000 transplants in 2013, about 79 patients per day. But another 18 patients died each day “due to a shortage of donated organs.”[1] Clearly demand far exceeds supply.
http://www.lifeissues.org/2015/10/surprising-realities-of-organ-donation-and-brain-death/

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I don't have the donation option selected. Something always felt odd about it.
I thought about donating my dick to science for being abnormally large.

Death never has scared me, in fact i see it as relief. No more having to deal with work or life. As long as you know where your going in the end.