All things related to the Xbox platforms

New console, holiday 2020, which is what I've been expecting to hear.
Interesting. I think the new PS5 is suppose to come out around then as well.

Of course you dump on framerates and graphics that no existing console can come close to. Of course PC can today but for a big price. Nintendo's no where near this yet you think the switch is great and if the PS5 ever gets even 121 frames you'll be back touting how phenomenal it is for a console....

Let me just jump on my PC to play all the games I am interested in playing. Let me just easily and cheaply ($500 or less) build that machine without ever having to upgrade it to enjoy those frames that NOBODY NOTICES! Oh wait...

Nah I jut found it funny. But I did read that to use to new features of the Xbox that you will have to purchase a modern tv to get the frame rates etc? Is this true? I am excited for a new Xbox, I just feel like the PS4 did beat them last generation, and then honestly my favorite is still the Switch. My PS4 is collection dust at the moment. Xbox hands down won the controllers though.

Nah I jut found it funny. But I did read that to use to new features of the Xbox that you will have to purchase a modern tv to get the frame rates etc? Is this true? I am excited for a new Xbox, I just feel like the PS4 did beat them last generation, and then honestly my favorite is still the Switch. My PS4 is collection dust at the moment. Xbox hands down won the controllers though.
I guess that depends how old your TV is and it's specs. Certain resolutions and framerates are only capable over more recent HDMI specs and displaying more than 60 frames might also be an issue depending on the refresh rate of the TV I suppose? I don't know all the technical details, but if it's true, it would be true for any console or a PC connected to that TV. IF the TV doesn't support something it will be an issue for all connected hardware - so anyone trying to make a deal of this like it is an Xbox issue is a pretty big hater to dig that deep and then blame a TV set issue on a console that would be connected to the TV
This wouldn't be anything different than if you went and bought a graphics card for your PC that's capable of 4K and everything else is 4K capable, but then you have a 1080p monitor. It's not Nvidia's fault you bought the great new card and were too dumb to realize you needed to update your monitor to support 4K as well.

Have they shown what it will look like?

Have they shown what it will look like?
No - they didn't show a huge amount that I saw about it. They said more about it than I expected though. I thought the project xCloud to do game streaming and play your xbox games from other devices would get more air time.

The design is always a seller for me. I liked the look of the Xbox one. It looked like a media center with it's square look. Are they still putting a physical disk drive in, or are they going disk less this time?

The design is always a seller for me. I liked the look of the Xbox one. It looked like a media center with it's square look. Are they still putting a physical disk drive in, or are they going disk less this time?
They haven't said. There's a discless Xbox One S currently available. I'd imagine there will be a disc drive still - but I'll be happy if they have an offering that skips the disc drive. With the graphics and such today, the load time from disc is too slow and both Xbox One and PS4 require installation before you can play and it takes longer to install from disc than it does to download digital. A digital download is fully patched usually and the disc isn't so you install and then need an update too.
I'll happily go digital only (already pretty much do anyway) for next gen

Any word on the specs? SSD? HD Size?

Any word on the specs? SSD? HD Size?
They've been very vague - yes it has SSD, other than that just some vague bits and pieces and "at least 4 times more powerful than Xbox One X". The Gamespot article below has most details I've heard of. That includes rumors of 2-3 models, like a base model at an entry level (I'm sure still fairly expensive at launch) and then a more powerful model similar to today's Xbox One/S/X or PS4 /Pro

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-officially-reveals-xbox-project-scarlett/1100-6467507/

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I think they just rebadged a Corsair One.

2006829_94663729_pcs-werkstations-corsair-one-pro-cs-9000017-eu.jpg

Every console is a highly specialized PC... Figures you'd already be spitting venom

Every console is a highly specialized PC... Figures you'd already be spitting venom
I'm not mad, just saying it's basically a PC.

qmsGSIr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not mad, just saying it's basically a PC.
I dunno. You seem to be starting your anti-xbox campaign already with no real facts and posting pictures you find on your Sony/Nintendo fanboy sites of things that are a similar size/shape. Dang, I never realized that all these consoles ever have copied the cardboard box. They are the same size and shape, must contain the same insides and be the same thing. :rolleyes: Of course it's basically a PC, like I said every console is a PC. If you mean because of the size and shape of the device, I'm sure there's plenty of PC cases that have a similar design. Where are your posts about how PC Case 1 copied PC Case 2? It's a similar shape, but pretty obvious completely different layout inside and almost assuredly custom hardware in the Xbox.

Nah no hate. I think the design is interesting. I read somewhere that you will be able to lay it down flat as well. Hopefully you can rotate the logo though. Has anyone heard the MSRP of it yet?

Back