How do so many people take vacations all the time?

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Explain something to me, why does it seem like everyone is on vacation all the time? I have a few friends of mine that always seem like they are on vacation. There are two things that come into play here, the money and being able to get the time off to go. The money isn't that big of the concern, but where do these people work that allow them to travel so much? One friend of mine has gone on 5 vacations already this year alone. It's only June! Another has been on 4 and another 7! I'm not talking like small travels, but Mexico, Puerto Rico, Disneyland, etc. I seem to only get time off basically once a year and even then you cringe to ask for the time off and wonder if they will let you take just a couple of days. Have you noticed your friends do this as well?

their-vacation-pictures-and-ipm-like-went-22304084.png

Yes I agree. I am scared to ask for time off and seem to only take off for doctors appointments and very small things here and there.

Yes I agree. I am scared to ask for time off and seem to only take off for doctors appointments and very small things here and there.
I know I am the same. The funny part in one them is a family member that runs her own business, and she always says her business is failing, but currently she is in Puerto Rico for the last two weeks! All those drinks and airline tickets aren't cheap.

I know I am the same. The funny part in one them is a family member that runs her own business, and she always says her business is failing, but currently she is in Puerto Rico for the last two weeks! All those drinks and airline tickets aren't cheap.
I guess trying to escape the reality and thinking the vacations and all that will help the stress. Guess what? Problems are still there when you get back and probably a lot worse.

Business people always say they are hard up or failing, that's to deter people thinking they make money or have any to offer to others.  They don't want to look like they are doing well.  The only ones are the type that own things to impress and get off from that.  I did credit analyst for over a year and the key is to always make the business zero out on financial statements, there's many loop holes to get the IRS off your back and from taking everything, mostly write offs.  Vacation write offs I suppose...

Last edited by a moderator:
Business people always say they are hard up or failing, that's to deter people thinking they make money or have any to offer to others.  They don't want to look like they are doing well.  The only ones are the type that own things to impress and get off from that.  I did credit analyst for over a year and the key is to always make the business zero out on financial statements, there's many loop holes to get the IRS off your back and from taking everything, mostly write offs.  Vacation write offs I suppose...
Ya you are probably right. She did just buy a brand new vehicle to as well, but that can be a write off as well. Those "vacations" are "business deals".

Europeans (what can happen if you eat too much watermelon) get a month's vacation? 

Yes we Americans work way to much compared to the rest of the world. Even our typical work week is many more than them.

The next thing will be nets around the top floors of our buildings like Foxconn. (for the jumpers)

The next thing will be nets around the top floors of our buildings like Foxconn. (for the jumpers)
No that is what all the white buses and rail cars are for.

Europeans get way more than a month.  Maybe like one full month and then whatever else.  The labor laws most of those places have are crazy good for workers.  Only 40 a week, no weekends, etc, etc.  Here I started with 3 weeks, currently have 4, and if I don't get shit canned or get fed up and walk out I'll eventually get 5.  Pretty good, but we have weekends and can work well over 40.  I know folks in our European offices that have to do on-call at times, but then they mostly get the whole week off so they can be paid for the entire weekend whetehr they are on call or not.  Here you just work the extra time if something happens to come in on the weekend and maybe if you work enough hours get to comp out a day or two (thanks to managers being nice, not official policy)

My Grandpappy (Born in 1900) used to work in northern Minnesota in the early 20's. Worked as the driver for the horses on log sleds. He said the Finlanders had super human strength. Also mentioned when loading box cars that the Finlanders would have a green railroad tie on each shoulder. They would load box cars all day long. He said that if a fight broke out it was almost to the death. "They could reach in and pull your guts out."  One other thing that he talked about was new brakemen. If they got overly anxious about slowing the sled down with sand, all the logs would fly off and kill the driver and horses. 

When I read you post @Davidc it reminds me of something I watched/read about the Aryan Race. Now don't quote me on this but I think it was something about the Mongolians back in the day trying conquer Europe and was spreading like a virus across the land until they meet these "Blond Headed" people they called them. They were of perfect structure and they tried to overtake them but they were so strong that it sent the Mongolians home with defeat to the point that they would never mess with them again. It was something along these lines. They say those people were descendants of Atlantis. Who knows if any of this was true or not, but the Germans are know for a lot of skills that other countries don't have, their engineering and metal working skills. Same goes for all those people in a small area like Finland, Holland, etc. It does make you wonder. Anyway enough with this where is my Pyramid, I need to recharge my healing crystals.

Back