Tomato firmware

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a nice looking firmware for the wrt54-g routers. I was really wanting to try it but I have DD-WRT set up so good I don't want to change. But I do really like the built in graphs.

http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

Well i went to this firmware over DD-WRT. I must say i love it alot more! Nice clean simple interface, and easy setup. Plus its so nice have the graphs. I will go with this one from now on.

Ndboarder would love all the use of ajax that they use.

Features

* Dynamic interactive GUI using Ajax and SVG with CSS-based color schemes

* CLI (using BusyBox) with access via TELNET or SSH (using Dropbear)

* DHCP server (using Dnsmasq) with dynamic and static DHCP leases

* DNS forwarder (using Dnsmasq) with local hostnames, local domain names, and caching of internet addresses

* Netfilter/iptables with customizable settings, IPP2P and l7-filter

* Wake-on-LAN

* Advanced QoS: 10 unique QoS classes defined, real-time pie graph display of prioritized traffic with drilldown into class details

* Bandwidth graphing/statistics: real-time, last 5 hours, daily, monthly

* Wireless modes: access point (AP), wireless client station (STA), wireless ethernet (WET) bridge, wireless distribution system (WDS aka wireless bridging), simultaneous AP and WDS (aka wireless repeating)

* Dynamic DNS service with ezUpdate and services extended for more providers

* Syslog viewable through the GUI (also downloadable)

* SES button control

* JFFS2

* CIFS client

* Adjustment of transmit power of wireless LAN, antenna selection, and 14 wireless channels

* 'Boot wait' protection (increase the time slot for uploading firmware via the boot loader)

* Advanced port forwarding, redirection, and triggering with UPnP page to view and delete UPnP forwarded port mappings

* Advanced access restrictions

* Init, Shutdown, Firewall, and WAN Up scripts

* Uptime, load average, and free memory status

* Reboot ability, although almost no configuration changes require a reboot

* Wireless survey page to view other networks in your neighborhood

* Known bugs in Broadcom-based Linksys firmware fixed

I am impressed with the "Adjustment of transmit power of wireless LAN, antenna selection, and 14 wireless channels"

I attempted to put this on my 54G last night, but the upgrade instantly fails everytime.  I have downloaded it a second time in case something happened the first time, but I downloaded DD-WRT if it doesn't work out...

I attempted to put this on my 54G last night, but the upgrade instantly fails everytime.  I have downloaded it a second time in case something happened the first time, but I downloaded DD-WRT if it doesn't work out...
I'll have you get that going.

I didn't have a problem just make sure to grab the correct one for your version, in fact just the other night i upgraded to the new version. By far this is my favorite firmware. I liked DD-WRT but i like the simplicity and functions of tomato.

I didn't have a problem just make sure to grab the correct one for your version, in fact just the other night i upgraded to the new version. By far this is my favorite firmware. I liked DD-WRT but i like the simplicity and functions of tomato.
Yeah I don't know what the deal is.  I downloaded the latest version for my 54G and it doesn't want to load

Did you follow the instructions? I think you have to do a full reset and make sure that the protected flash in tuned off in some routers. Also i know when i flashed mine the first time you have to wait like 2 minutes and then i didn't think it worked. I also had to do a physical reset afterwards also. Just be careful, you don't want to brick your router.

New version 9 is out!

I wonder if I can get this version running on my linksys... maybe one day i'll try it... though probably not for a while... swamped with stuff right now between work and possible LARGE upcoming purchases

I wonder if I can get this version running on my linksys... maybe one day i'll try it... though probably not for a while... swamped with stuff right now between work and possible LARGE upcoming purchases
Trust me once you go, you won't go back.

Back