Nintendo's miniature NES

So tell me about how to hack it @C Pav, what does the process entail?
The process is easy. First of course you need roms...I mean backups of your owned games...You then need the emulator software programs and files. Hakchi2 here: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases

Not sure if there are others that could be used but this is what everyone goes with. You don't need anything else for just NES games but everyone seems to say you must get or need retroarch but I think it's needed for all the other games so: https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/releases/tag/0.7

For the process I will link the best easy to follow videos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/63f7hv/everything_you_need_to_know_about_modding_the_nes/

I didn't go beyond the first 2 but everything worked perfectly. I first tested 1 nes game and worked. I then did a bunch more followed b a Sega game and then a few gameboy games. I played a few games and now can't decide what to play since too many choices and not enough time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info @C Pav I will keep this thread in mind for the future. I watched the video and it seems easy enough. Now the hard part is to find a console.

Thanks for the info @C Pav I will keep this thread in mind for the future. I watched the video and it seems easy enough. Now the hard part is to find a console.
https://www.reddit.com/r/minines/On the right side are links to brickseek stock checker for walmart and target. Not sure what store options you have but those are pretty accurate. I think, hopefully, these start showing up on shelves more and more. I know last week our walmart had 7 in and I slowly watched the stock go from 7, to 4, to 2 then to 0. I almost went up to grab another or 2 to give to others.

https://www.reddit.com/r/minines/On the right side are links to brickseek stock checker for walmart and target. Not sure what store options you have but those are pretty accurate. I think, hopefully, these start showing up on shelves more and more. I know last week our walmart had 7 in and I slowly watched the stock go from 7, to 4, to 2 then to 0. I almost went up to grab another or 2 to give to others.
That Brickseek will come in handy, it's funny they show them in stock at the Target I was just at over the weekend. Guess I should had paid more attention. Shows they have 9 in stock.

That Brickseek will come in handy, it's funny they show them in stock at the Target I was just at over the weekend. Guess I should had paid more attention. Shows they have 9 in stock.
Keep in mind my note earlier about Target (I think the BrickSeek site mentions it as well) - they like to just put a portion of their stock out on the shelf in the morning and reserve the rest.  So you may have to swing in right when they open to actually see them on a shelf and be able to purchase  

Been checking that Brickseek site, all those they had in stock are now gone, nothing in our whole state right now.

Does Nintendo make a wireless controller for this to solve the short cord problem?

Does Nintendo make a wireless controller for this to solve the short cord problem?
No.  Nintendo does not make anything to solve the short cord problem.  There are a large number of 3rd party options to solve it though.  Options from 3rd parties include:

• Extension cord to go between console and controller to give more length.  I've seen 6' and 10' options

• Controllers with a longer cord (I've only seen about 6', so potential to need an extension still exists)

• Wireless controller options (Most popular seem to come from 8bitdo)

The issue I have with the wireless controllers from 3rd parties is they all added extra buttons and didn't keep the classic NES controller look (or did but with 4 buttons instead of 2).  Wires stink though.

Personally I ordered a kit that includes a second controller and 2 extensions for the times I may want the feel of the original controller.  I then ordered 2 of the 8BitDo wireless dongles without any wireless controller, because they are just a Bluetooth receiver and I can use the Wii U pro controller, Switch pro controller or a Dualshock controller with the wireless dongles.  Given I have the pro controllers for both the Wii U and Switch around I'll most likely use one or both of them with it

Well the closest Target showed 3 this about 15 minutes ago, now they show 1 left. I called and they have 1 but the guy won't hold it for me. I have people over there I am trying to see if can run down.

Well there goes my luck, can't get a hold of anyone to run down there for me. Oh well just keep looking I guess.

Just take off work.
It's 2 hours away or I would, I doubt it would see be there in that time lol.

Just checked again, now they are completely sold out. :(

lol Amazon and Ebay prices are already rising. Just my luck the first day I get interested they kill it.

No one still knows why they discontinued it. Nintendo announced that it was suppose to be limited only, others say that it's to force them to go with the Switch and the sales might actually be more than the Switch which they didn't want. Some say because of the piracy with the Roms. Kinda dumb people are willing to give you free money.

No one still knows why they discontinued it. Nintendo announced that it was suppose to be limited only, others say that it's to force them to go with the Switch and the sales might actually be more than the Switch which they didn't want. Some say because of the piracy with the Roms. Kinda dumb people are willing to give you free money.
I wondered about the Switch vs NES classic numbers as well.  That really shouldn't matter, it's a $60 system with some old games and no fancy features vs. $300 for a new console.  Different audiences, different price points, they shouldn't care if the NES classic out sells the Switch, but maybe they do.The hacks and piracy is probably a more legitimate reason, but it's still a stupid reason.  They gave people a way to get a number of games in one set bundle and people were willing to pay.  They should've gave it a store to add more games for $$$ and they could've made a mint and also curbed piracy.  If anything the NES classic proves people want a way to be able to play these old games and will pay for it - by discontinuing this Nintendo will just drive more people to pirate roms to play on their PCs or build little devices with raspberry pi and such.

Yup totally agree with you @ndboarder. Some say that they are working on a newer version (I really don't see this happening). Some also say that it's to push their Virtual Console on the Switch. Obviously like you stated this just goes to show you the demand for a device like this. People from my generation want to have the nostalgia associated with it. Some people don't want the latest and greatest graphics but the simplicity of the older games. I would had preferred to  have it in the classic looking case. I think Nintendo could had made some money with this though, but was marketed wrong. First off the case design was fine. But it needed to come with a longer cable for the controller. Also it should had had a menu where you could pay a few bucks for additional games that would download and store on the device. An officially supported Classic Nintendo. It could had been big. R.I.P little buddy.

The entire thing was fine, and it was selling out instantly pretty much anytime it came up.  They could've improved the cable lengths sure, but that didn't stop anyone from buying.

All they needed to do was make enough to meet demand, and give it internet for a store to add more classic (only NES) games.  It would've been a money printing press for them for a while

dGIq9tl.jpg

Back