Sleep

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Seems like the older I get the more i enjoy my sleep. I mean sometimes when I take my power naps on lunch I wake up and think "wow I love to sleep". No one bugs you, your body and mind feel like a fresh defrag etc. Does anyone else know what I mean? Even going to bed seems fun in a strange way.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I know what you mean but I don't take naps like I should. On weekends I usually "fight" through being tired to play games. If I am very tired then I may take a nap.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I used to know what you mean... :sad:
It will get better man. When I was around like 15 I had problem sleeping, even since then I have not even even had a nightmare.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Sleep is great, however I don't usually like going to bed yet. Once I am asleep and it's time to wake up I never want to. I fight off the tired feelings rather than nap and then end up being awake too late. It's a love/hate relationship. For some reason I feel like I'm going to miss out on something if I go to bed, though not nearly as bad now as a few years ago.

C Pav

Members
I found the way to get to sleep is not worry about all of life's crap. Forget about work, stressful stuff that needs to be done and other burdens of life. I know it's not easy but that is why you need to fill your free time with mindless fun activities and hobbies. Find things you enjoy and just do those things. Exercise if you need to but don't become obsessed with it to a point where you feel you are not doing enough despite the fact you already worked out for an hour an a half for example. Playing video games is an easy and fun get away. Like I said just something to make you "escape" to and just have fun. Play sports or build models.

When I go to sleep I just think about things like parts from a video game, funny shows on television or sports or working out. I don't know how best to describe it. I used to have trouble sleeping in high school and college because I would worry about everything and my thoughts were consumed with things like what I had to do the next day or mistakes I made during the day. Now I just think lightly about fun and mindless things like I mentioned above.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
My problem isn't getting to sleep, but waking up 4-5 times a night and not getting enough time of deep sleep and quality.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
My problem isn't getting to sleep, but waking up 4-5 times a night and not getting enough time of deep sleep and quality.
How about your diet? Are you eating right before bed or not eating before bed? Drinking to many liquids before bed?

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members

Tryptophan, GABA, Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate and Magnesium Malate will knock you out and keep you there.

Kathy

2small 4skool
Members
I LOVE sleep. I feel like I require way more than my husband. I sleep in most weekends and take a nap both days if I am home. I too have a problem with waking up multiple times each night. Mainly because I drink way too much water, get too hot, or my cat wakes me up. I make up for it on the weekends though.

C Pav

Members
Oh, okay I know what you mean. I guess I wake up multiple times a night as well and sometimes have trouble getting back to sleep. The thing is I don't seem to be as tired as I used to be since I started taking more protein. I work out a lot and lift weights and never had a good diet and I probably was very deficient in protein. I now take way more protein from whey protein powder and feel much better.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
See that's why I asked about the food, because like Corey said you may want to try to get some protein in your diet right before bed. I know your body keeps burning all night long. I have experienced this personally. I have eaten alot of food right before bed. Make sure you are "full". Then try sleeping once. Alot of people wake up in the middle of the night because they are hungry and head to the fridge. Might want to give this a go.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Let me recommend cottage cheese right before bed. It is a slow breakdown protein that fuels while you go on a 6-8 hour fast (sleep). I eat it almost every night.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
I use some relaxation cds/mp3s if I feel like I am going to have problems. My biggest problem sleeping is when I am working nights.

BTW, how much cottage cheese are you suggesting?

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I use some relaxation cds/mp3s if I feel like I am going to have problems. My biggest problem sleeping is when I am working nights.

BTW, how much cottage cheese are you suggesting?
I probably have a cupfull, sometimes more. I've never had problems sleeping though, that is just a recommended way to feed your body while you sleep. Slow breakdown protein.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I got a power nap in during lunch at home and it feels awesome, like you're all relaxed and not groggy, but clear headed. I used to wake up in the morning like this, but not for almost two years.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I still take power naps on lunch daily, I may only sleep for around 10 minutes but when you awake it's like a brand new day.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Man I just keep falling asleep at work lately. Was on hold and dropped my handset 3 times the other day, now I just keep fading in and out.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
Man I just keep falling asleep at work lately. Was on hold and dropped my handset 3 times the other day, now I just keep fading in and out.
Your recently a father correct? Does player 2 sleep through the night yet?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Your recently a father correct? Does player 2 sleep through the night yet?
Ya shes good about it, I don't know it could just be my boredom with work. I was the same way in school. If i am in a position where I don't want to be I tend to sleep to past time.