Glock 42 handgun

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Came close to picking this up over the weekend. I currently have a Ruger LCP for a nice pocket carry or just to toss in my backpack, but the trigger pull is so dam long. :mad: So my dad told me about the Glock 42, it's the same caliber .380. It's nice and small and I was able to dry fire it and it had a nice pull. Might have to pick it up in the future.

8htaJ7t.jpg

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g42

Did look pretty nice, saw one in Scheels today. Might have to pick one up too as I am a Glock fan. Love my Glock 23

Nice, can't go wrong with that one. I'm not into Glocks, but they are good guns (I don't prefer striker fired pistols, and they have the double safety triggers which are not really "safe" but just need to be more knowledgeable and careful).

A couple months ago I picked up my first handgun, a Beretta PX4 storm 9mm. It's reliable and accurate, and features a unique rotating barrel that reduces felt recoil for faster follow up shots. Right now, I keep it safely put away and not loaded, since I don't want any loaded guns right now.

Right now, I keep it safely put away and not loaded, since I don't want any loaded guns right now.
Why don't you want your guns loaded?

Just paranoid with safety of anyone getting into my room while out of the house and accidentally shooting it (kids). There are ways to properly secure things like that, but I'm just being overly cautious right now.

I know what you mean. I even have a kid in the house right now, but not to worried. I don't like to keep one chambered so they would have to pull the slides back (and at this age it's physically impossible). But in a few years I will be purchasing something. Those biometric safes are nice but spendy. I also really like the desk version that flips out at you and you can just reach in.

Kinda off-topic but these are the styles that I was talking about.

GIKzHeR.jpg

Vsjy1D7.jpg

The one bad thing is this defeats the purpose of a real life threat situation where you are caught with surprise and need it as quickly as possible. The best way is common sense and safe handling.

Well I picked my self up one of these for my birthday. I asked the guy if I could dry fire it and compared to my Ruger LCP the trigger pull is a night and day difference. Now to pick out a new holster for it. :)

Nice, you will have to have some fun breaking it in soon.

Here's some good reading, http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm#Ballistic_Gelatin but puts the .380 at a disadvantage compared to the rest due to it's nature in design. However, you will want to look for the best of the best ammo for it.

.380 Recommended rounds

• Precision One XTP

• Federal Premuim HydraShok

• Fiocchi Extrema XTP

• Hornady Custom XTP

• HPR XTP

If you are confident in your shot placement, there will be no issue, but in 90% plus cases where you are startled or do a point and shoot in practical situation to deter a threat, you will be aiming at the mass (body) and hopefully they are not wearing several or more layers of clothing.

Thanks @ryanator . I already have some...

fXrY9NE.jpg

http://www.hornady.com/store/critical_defense/

Yes I know alot of higher calibers out there with more stopping power but I like a little .380 it's still gonna hurt someone. ;) I like to have something slim to slip in my pocket when going into Wal-mart etc.

For sure, I have the same ammo in 9mm. The flex tip fills the hole as not to allow clogging and penetrate the clothes layer better.

For sure, I have the same ammo in 9mm. The flex tip fills the hole as not to allow clogging and penetrate the clothes layer better.
Ya they look like almost a clay ball. I kinda think it's a neat design myself. It does make sense in theory. I just don't want to be on the receiving end to find out.

Ya they look like almost a clay ball. I kinda think it's a neat design myself. It does make sense in theory. I just don't want to be on the receiving end to find out.
And of course forgot to mention, that the flex tip after initial penetration gives way, allowing the serrated tip to expand causing a bigger hole.

That's a nice sleek setup, especially for concealment. I would definitely go that route if getting a strickly concealable sized handgun.

Though my gun isn't strictly for concealment (full size model, but more ergonomic than most), here's a picture below of what I got (shows different gun model). It's the Blackhawk Serpa Carbon Fiber holster which has an index finger release. It has a nice natural and smooth release yet secures the gun very well. It also came with a paddle platform for more versatility (shows the smaller belt loop platform in the background that the holster attaches to).

http://www.blackhawk.com/getattachment/Products/Holsters-Duty-Gear/Holsters/Concealment/Injection-Molded/SERPA%C2%AE-CQC%C2%AE-Concealment-Holster-Carbon-Fiber-Finis/BH_410000BK-R_holsters_front.jpg.aspx?maxsidesize=700

That's sexy @ryanator ! I really like the release.

That's sexy @ryanator ! I really like the release.
It's been out for a while I think and is a battle proven setup. They make a holster for almost every popular model out there for exact fit. Blackhawk makes equipment for the military and law enforcement. They make sure their stuff functions well. The holster functions very smooth, and is very practical with it's natural release design.

I actually prefer a paddle holster for comfort. But they are tough to conceal. It's a shame you just can't open carry in America everywhere and people wouldn't freak out, then I could wear it all day in comfort.

Back