Stocks and investments

Just curious, how much percentage gains have you made since investing? Does your system work very well?
When I started investing, I had $30,000. I invested into companies like AAPL and GE, your run of the mill stocks. In 4 months I was down to $25,000. Since then, I've been evolving how I buy and sell stocks. It's a learning process really. I watch CNBC and yahoo's "market news" to see what stocks are getting big gains. Then I try to read about them on the internet to figure out why they are getting big gains. If I think I can make a fast buck, I will. I'm rarely invested in a stock more than 3 months. Since being down to about $25,000, I've crawled my way up to $37,000 today. Although, full disclosure, I was up to $44,000 a month ago and took a couple big hits because I'm not afraid to gamble, or to stupid to know when it's time to sell. Although, in the past year, going from $25,000 to $37,000 is not bad. Mind you, I haven't invested a single cent of my own cash in that year because I'm currently a student and don't make money. My gains are strictly from buying and selling with what was in my account when I started.

So @@Ludacris . What do you think about the 3D printer companies I listed back a few pages ago? Kinda interested in what you think.

So @@Ludacris . What do you think about the 3D printer companies I listed back a few pages ago? Kinda interested in what you think.
I like the idea, I like most of the companies. I really feel like the market rewards innovations like 3D printing. However, if you're not already invested in one of the companies, I feel like you've already missed out on most of the gains. Voxyjet could still go up some, and DDD could very well be trading at $130 soon, but those numbers are inflated over what the stock is really worth so if you wanted to to try one of those companies, I would sell the day you made a 20% gain because they will come back down to current levels again. One 3D company to watch is ONVO. They are producing a liver assay thing which is literally 3D printed liver tissue.....and one day even real usable livers. Watch the news for this stock, because when this liver assay thing comes out sometime in the next year, this stock will jump and jump fast!

Monday moves....On Monday I'm buying into YRCW for a couple of weeks. Here is why: YRCW is a trucking company that has an enterprise value of 1.27 billion dollars. In the past 2 years they have been on the verge of bankruptcy and the market cap on this company has fallen to just over 100 million. There are only 10 million shares outstanding on this company and it is currently trading at $12.50 a share because of the extremely low market cap. However, if the market cap equaled the enterprise value of 1.27 billion, this stock should be trading at $125 a share, 10 times it's current value. On Friday the 13th last week, the CEO of this company announced that they have reached an agreement with the union that they are contracted with on a plan that will get this company back out of debt over the next 4-5 years. There was unusual high volume on this news and the the stock price rose 24%. I'm buying in on Monday because I look for this deal to be signed on paper in the next couple of weeks which will really make to stock jump. I'm not saying this company will be trading at it's full value of $125 a share anytime soon, but I am predicting that when this deal is signed, the company will be trading at over $30 a share because the market value will rocket up as investors get back on board. I fully plan on selling the stock after this jump. Upside here is an investor could double their money in a short time. The downside is if this deal doesn't get done, the stock could slip back down to where it was before the news came out, $10 a share, representing a 20% loss. Personally, I'm willing to risk a 20% loss for a 100% gain.
So just as an update, I bought 750 shares of YRCW at 12.97 a share that Monday. On Friday it closed at 14.97, I'm up 15.3% or $1,500 in 5 days. I'll be putting in a limit order to sell at $23 a share which I think it will reach on or shortly after January 8th. If it doesn't reach that number, I'll sell it for whatever it's worth by January 15th.

So just as an update, I bought 750 shares of YRCW at 12.97 a share that Monday. On Friday it closed at 14.97, I'm up 15.3% or $1,500 in 5 days. I'll be putting in a limit order to sell at $23 a share which I think it will reach on or shortly after January 8th. If it doesn't reach that number, I'll sell it for whatever it's worth by January 15th.
Second update: I sold this stock sometime last week. I ended up with a 34% gain and had a profit of $3,500. I still think it will go up to the levels I predicted, however, not worth risking my gains. I took the money and ran.

Can't complain about that profit though. That's pretty sweet! :cool:

Second update: I sold this stock sometime last week. I ended up with a 34% gain and had a profit of $3,500. I still think it will go up to the levels I predicted, however, not worth risking my gains. I took the money and ran.
I've got $27 for digital transactions. Lets do this #groupbuy #flux2win

It is a risky business until the Federal Government would legalize it and not just at a state level. Remember Federal over rides State. Alot of people forget this. That is why you will never see it happen because then the Federal Government would have to admit they lost the war on drugs. So you might invest but come tax time etc. the Federal Government may not recognize it because it's still technicality illegal.

Ex-DEA agent in new role with pot investment firmThis got me thinking. I wonder if there are investment opportunities coming out with all this new stuff?
There's only one so far that I would consider. Medbox. On a scale of 0-10 for risky, I would give it a 9. However, those are the stocks that sometimes also give huge rewards for taking the risk. Medbox is basically a vending machine that identifies the user by finger print or retina scan and then administers the pot or medicine. Cut out the pharmacy, cut out the pharmacists. It's a RedBox for your drugs open 24/7. Currently the stock is around $39. It has been as low as $10 and as high as $93 in the past 3 months. If it gets around $10 again, it could be worth the risk.

Looks like @@jmanz may have been onto something.

Noodles & Co.Founded in Denver in 1995, Noodles & Co. (NDLS), serves up noodle and pasta dishes from around the world at more than 370 locations in 29 states and the District of Columbia.
The company had one of the hottest IPOs of 2013, with shares doubling on their first day of trading.

The Daily Beast calls the chain a great example "of a company that has prospered in the recession and in the slow-growth aftermath by providing solid value, focusing on operations, and offering greater choice in areas that have traditionally been food deserts."

Piper Jaffrey's Nicole Miller Reagan told Bloomberg TV

Looks like @@jmanz may have been onto something.
Have you had a chance to eat at one yet? Not too shabby and I'm not a huge noodle fan.

Have you had a chance to eat at one yet? Not too shabby and I'm not a huge noodle fan.
No sir I have not.

Markets correcting finally, could be some decent buying opportunities.

Yup I sold too early but I still made some money off of them.

Back