Apple TV device

Ya this sounds good i will check into it more now.

Well so far i'm pretty happy with the apple TV.  One thing I have found relates to a post by nodle a while back. If you want to watch TV episodes, it kinda blows that the ones purchased on iTunes are still in 4:3 format and not widescreen.  You are stuck watching them with the black bars to the left and right.  Even if you wanted to stretch the image to fit your widescreen TV you can't, because the apple TV is handling the formatting, not your TV.  I am sure they will go to a widescreen format eventually, i just wonder if they'll do it soon, or not until there is a widescreen iPod on the market.

Aside from that quality and such I have no complaints.  I have noticed that there is the occasional "skip" type thing where the audio is out of sync for a moment, or such things during video playback.  I have been muting my TV and playing audio through the entertainment system over an optical cable.  It is a little irritating, but it's a new product and I'm sure software updates may come up to help it out a bit. 

I am impressed with the trailer features and such (web access).  I'm wondering how long until they release a software update for if that allows you to purchase content from the menu's rather than having to go through iTunes.

One other quick note, is that it does play any iTunes acceptable format, so downloading movies elsewhere is an option.  I have a copy of Borat in .mp4 format, and that synced and plays fine on the apple TV as well.

One other quick note, is that it does play any iTunes acceptable format, so downloading movies elsewhere is an option.  I have a copy of Borat in .mp4 format, and that synced and plays fine on the apple TV as well.
Started reading a little more about this, i was gonna post this question to you. So basically anything you have in Itunes you can play?

One more question, can you upgrade the HD to whatever you want? Like from the stock 40gig to a 300gig etc.?

One more question, can you upgrade the HD to whatever you want? Like from the stock 40gig to a 300gig etc.?
*FOUND LINK

*FOUND LINK
I read that article to, was going to post same question.  Inquiring minds want to know!  I say do it now, before that new car smell wears off ;)

Started reading a little more about this, i was gonna post this question to you. So basically anything you have in Itunes you can play?
I would state it to be more true as "you can play anything you can play on your video iPod"  as I've run into some podcasts that won't transfer to my iPod before, and they wont' go to the TV either

Why not go with something like this? Just pop in your own hard drive and go.http://www.mvixusa.com/index.php
I guess I just needed the new toy feeling, but something like this would work well.  As an answer to Why not go with that, I think most people out there just want something easy, and this is quick to plug and play with iTunes, and of course, is likely the only thing that's going to be able to play what you purchase on iTunes, so if a person doesn't know where else to get decent quality vids, or wants to be legal about it and purchase...

So sounds like the new firmware was released for the Apple TV today.  Guess I'll have to let it install later tonight.  Probably won't test anything, but this is the software to enable rentals on the Apple TV.  Sounds like the rentals are downloaded and can be kept for 30 days, but are removed 24 hours after viewing. 

Prices are something around 1.99 for existing titles and 3.99 for new releases.  Add $1 to rent the HD version. 

So sounds like the new firmware was released for the Apple TV today.  Guess I'll have to let it install later tonight.  Probably won't test anything, but this is the software to enable rentals on the Apple TV.  Sounds like the rentals are downloaded and can be kept for 30 days, but are removed 24 hours after viewing. Prices are something around 1.99 for existing titles and 3.99 for new releases.  Add $1 to rent the HD version. 
Thats reasonable. I wonder how long they take to come down?

Well if the rentals are the same as a purchased movied, I would suspect 2-3 hours on my internet connection.  For the HD who knows, depends on the file size

I guess the firmware update also adds 1080p capability to it.  :-D

I guess the firmware update also adds 1080p capability to it.  :-D
Very, very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I got this new update installed on the Apple TV last night.  The menu has been revamped.  I took a quick look through available movies and the HD selection.  I was surprised with how many there were.  In thinking about it, I should have known when looking through different types of movies in the iTunes store, but it just looks like a lot more in the Apple TV presentation of them.  Good stuff though. 

Well I got this new update installed on the Apple TV last night.  The menu has been revamped.  I took a quick look through available movies and the HD selection.  I was surprised with how many there were.  In thinking about it, I should have known when looking through different types of movies in the iTunes store, but it just looks like a lot more in the Apple TV presentation of them.  Good stuff though. 
It's cool that they keep updating it though. I know it didn't go over very well the first time.

After reading your post about the HD comparison...I think you'll be really impressed when you quit gaming and actually download a video.  Download an HD one so you can give us your opinion of the quality.

Also, I'll pay you $25 smacks for it tomorrow if you bring it to work.

After reading your post about the HD comparison...I think you'll be really impressed when you quit gaming and actually download a video.  Download an HD one so you can give us your opinion of the quality.Also, I'll pay you $25 smacks for it tomorrow if you bring it to work.
Let me think about that one... probably not.... I'll give you the 24/7 phone for the week if you give me the $25 tho

Back